Texas Hunting Forum

Tactics pay off again

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Tactics pay off again - 04/13/21 12:50 AM

My mega-sounder is fond of the adjacent property. They seem to come out from the creek shortly before dusk, feed and rest, and wander onto the farm intermittently. Knowing this, I parked farther away, and went to the property line to see if they were around next door. Before I got to the fenceline a sow startled and jumped up. I crouched and froze. She was feeding a larger piglet seen in the last video 3rd from left. After a long pause off she went...under the fence. Darn it! But she instantly settled and the pigs I saw headed back....under the fence into the north pasture. I was on the EW fenceline separating the pastures and settled in, resting on the barbed wire. This tan sow was in the lead and headed towards me. She was very pregnant and had over an inch of fat on her. BTW shes not one of the three preggos I've ID'd. Very healthy. I harvested the back straps for sausage later. Not enough time to quarter her out since I was leaving town today. While I had her splayed open I saw something a little freaky. Another post...😳

Attached picture 20210412_193615.jpg
Attached picture 20210412_193641.jpg
Attached picture 20210412_193657.jpg
Attached picture 20210412_193726.jpg
Attached picture 20210412_193747.jpg
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Tactics pay off again - 04/13/21 03:24 AM

Good kill and man was she loaded with FAT! So much fun stalking these pigs and hunting them compared to sitting in a blind. I've been going out almost every evening and just walking and listening. Had a couple of opportunities and a connection here and there. Always learn something new every time! Lots of fun. Learning how to hunt my blue heeler girls acoute sense of hearing as well.
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: Tactics pay off again - 04/13/21 01:52 PM

That is an eye-popping development in the situation for sure.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Tactics pay off again - 04/13/21 02:39 PM

Right on
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tactics pay off again - 04/19/21 02:34 PM

Good job!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum