Texas Hunting Forum

Redemption

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Redemption - 03/14/21 03:36 AM

This is the dude who ran in front of me last weekend...telltale belted Galloway stripe on him. 5 min before this I heard a decent fight in the woods. I was expecting a sounder to show up.
Wondering if he was trying to get into the sounder which is why he peeled off last week and why the fight tonight. Shot was a little back and a little high, hind end kept coming up but the front half wasn't working. Probably a fatal shot but he took one on the chin for good measure. Hence the bug eyes.

Attached picture 20210313_213238.jpg
Attached picture 20210313_213205.jpg
Attached picture 20210313_213205.jpg
Posted By: TKM

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 03:41 AM

up
Posted By: BbarVRanch

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas Tipton
This is the dude who ran in front of me last weekend...telltale belted Galloway stripe on him. 5 min before this I heard a decent fight in the woods. I was expecting a sounder to show up.
Wondering if he was trying to get into the sounder which is why he peeled off last week and why the fight tonight. Shot was a little back and a little high, hind end kept coming up but the front half wasn't working. Probably a fatal shot but he took one on the chin for good measure. Hence the bug eyes.

Good piggy now! up

I think they call hogs with a white stripe around the middle a Hampshire though. Of course maybe a sow in heat wandered through a pasture with a belted Galloway bull one lonely night on her way home from the bar? rofl
Posted By: Txblklab

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 02:33 PM

The old one two always gets them.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 05:09 PM

Nice
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by BbarVRanch

Good piggy now! up

I think they call hogs with a white stripe around the middle a Hampshire though. Of course maybe a sow in heat wandered through a pasture with a belted Galloway bull one lonely night on her way home from the bar? rofl

Yeah I meant Hampshire after I posted. Looked at my cards today and it was pretty quiet on the farm most of the week except this dude who hung around all week.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 11:01 PM

Looked at my cards today and it was pretty quiet on the farm most of the week except this dude who hung around all week.

He won't be hanging around making appearances on your cameras any more.
Nicely done!
Posted By: BbarVRanch

Re: Redemption - 03/14/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by der Teufel
Looked at my cards today and it was pretty quiet on the farm most of the week except this dude who hung around all week.

He won't be hanging around making appearances on your cameras any more.
Nicely done!

Not seen any on my place much since deer season was over.

They'll come back. They always do. wink

And I'll be waiting... rifle
Posted By: Tw0fish

Re: Redemption - 03/15/21 09:24 PM

Hence the bug eyes.

Here I thought he was surprised at the ambush! lol.

Great work!
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: Redemption - 03/15/21 10:21 PM

Now he's a good pig.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Redemption - 03/19/21 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Now he's a good pig.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum