Texas Hunting Forum

Lone boar with my airgun down

Posted By: HornSlayer

Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/16/21 01:50 AM

Who needs cartridges ? All you need is lead and air. Pics to follow [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: GNTX

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/16/21 02:55 AM

Yessir and no NFA red tape to suppress it to near silence. What air rifle are you using?
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/16/21 03:06 AM

AirForce Texan .308 shooting a 144 gr hollow point that is very similar to one of Ranch Dogs .257 Roberts designs.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/23/21 01:19 PM

Another good hog! Regular scope/thermals on the pcp air guns? Same type recoil as firearm?
Posted By: JoeW

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/23/21 01:32 PM

I am thinking about going this direction, where do you get your gun charged?
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/23/21 03:12 PM

Nice
Posted By: jpks1112

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/25/21 03:08 AM

Now that is something!!!
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/25/21 03:13 AM

Can you give some details about your gun like how far you can shoot it accurately and can you simply buy a large tank to keep at home to recharge the tank onboard tank? I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but their are so many brands, calibers etc etc and I’ve been confused o the entire subject.

Edit, How quite is it?
Posted By: JDP Ranch

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/26/21 04:10 PM

Never thought about using an airgun to hunt hogs, but this seems like fun and a challenge.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/27/21 01:04 AM

I've not seen that yet very interesting.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/29/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by HornSlayer
AirForce Texan .308 shooting a 144 gr hollow point that is very similar to one of Ranch Dogs .257 Roberts designs.


Nice! Got a couple of PCP rifles myself, but 25 caliber is my largest.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 01/29/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pootie
Regular scope/thermals on the pcp air guns? Same type recoil as firearm?


On rifles such as this one, yes.

On magnum springer air guns, no. Those require scopes rated for airguns due to the double recoil.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Lone boar with my airgun down - 02/04/21 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Can you give some details about your gun like how far you can shoot it accurately and can you simply buy a large tank to keep at home to recharge the tank onboard tank? I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but their are so many brands, calibers etc etc and I’ve been confused o the entire subject.

Edit, How quite is it?


I shoot sub-moa groups at 100 yards with mine. Texas requires a 30 cal or larger to be legal for deer. Yes you can buy larger tanks that are 30 min or 60 min scba that fill to 4500 psi. I rent a bulk nitrogen cylinder that is 6000 psi and use it to fill the smaller more portable tanks I take to the range or to my lease. I use them to keep a smaller paintball tank that I can take with me to my blind to fill the gun. As far as brands, there are two manufactures of PCP Airguns in Fort Worth area. Extreme Big Bore Airguns is in Mansfield and AirForce Airguns is in Burleson. Both company's make quality products. There are other manufactures but check out the reviews before you buy.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum