Texas Hunting Forum

Same Pig?

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Same Pig? - 01/03/21 12:24 AM

I'm thinking no. I'm also thinking the pig population here is about to blow. Photos are 3 min apart.

Attached picture 20210102_164012.jpg
Attached picture 20210102_163954.jpg
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 12:26 AM

One has a thicker hind quarter than the other and looks to me like one is a sow and one is a boar
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
One has a thicker hind quarter than the other and looks to me like one is a sow and one is a boar

^^^^^

Huh?

You must be seeing something I'm not seeing. (No Testicles, No penile sheath that I can see). Barr hog would not have testicles, but would still have the other. No pronounced whetters or cutters, not a Boar Hog.

Looks like the same Sow to me.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by SapperTitan

^^^^^

Huh?

You must be seeing something I'm not seeing. (No Testicles, No penile sheath that I can see). Barr hog would not have testicles, but would still have the other. No pronounced whetters or cutters, not a Boar Hog.

Looks like the same Sow to me.

I think you are correct. Easier to see now that I’m not on my cell phone.
Posted By: Whammy

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 03:38 AM

It looks like the same sow to me in both pics. I agree that it looks like your hog population is about to expand too.
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 03:44 AM

Next time I'll post the whole vids... I did a double take because one was darker on vid than the other and it didnt seem to be an artifact. The one on the left has burrs (cockle, goose, or otherwise) on the end of her tail and the one on the right has a more pronounced mohawk. That's why I'm thinking different. Again, pics are like 3 min apart.
Posted By: Whammy

Re: Same Pig? - 01/03/21 03:49 AM

I noticed the mohawk difference too, but passed if off as one pic with her head up and the other head down.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Same Pig? - 01/04/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Whammy
I noticed the mohawk difference too, but passed if off as one pic with her head up and the other head down.

Agreed, plus they raise and lower their mane....all the time. I have dozens of pictures and videos of that (minutes, seconds apart).

IF it were clear that one of the hogs simply had no mane/mohawk that would be different. But both photos show one. The rest of the hogs physique is just TOO dead on....for it not to be the same pig IMO.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum