Texas Hunting Forum

Busted another one last night and lost him

Posted By: mikei

Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/20/20 09:34 PM

He was quartering away from me at a fast trot; the light was very poor, so I tried to tuck one in behind his shoulder and hope it would work it's magic going forward. He ran a couple of hundred yards before giving it up at the fence line. Looks like he tried crawling up the fence and fell back! I could find no blood and had little interest in night-time tracking in heavy brush for what looked to be a pretty good sized piggy. Went out this morning and found him.

Big; dirty, smelly, and very little blood anywhere around or on him. No exit wound. 25/45 Sharps.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tortoise2187

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/20/20 09:49 PM

Didn't truly get away. One more down. Nice job.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/20/20 09:53 PM

Looks like a confirmed dead hog.
Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/20/20 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by der Teufel
Looks like a confirmed dead hog.
Keep After 'Em!

Nice one sir
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/21/20 12:36 AM

I hate having to go back and find them the next day. Great job!
Posted By: h20thief

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/22/20 04:43 PM

I shot a medium sized sow with my 25-06 using 100 grain core-lok ammo. She dropped with a neck shot but continued to flop around. I followed up with another round (presumably a bad shot) only to see her finally get to her feet and run off. This is a full 15 minutes after the first shot. Unbelievable as the 3 previous boar's I shot, all over 220 lbs, never moved with similar shot placement. I guess I was off that day but still amazing what these animals can do after taking several hits.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Busted another one last night and lost him - 12/22/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
He was quartering away from me at a fast trot; the light was very poor, so I tried to tuck one in behind his shoulder and hope it would work it's magic going forward. He ran a couple of hundred yards before giving it up at the fence line. Looks like he tried crawling up the fence and fell back! I could find no blood and had little interest in night-time tracking in heavy brush for what looked to be a pretty good sized piggy. Went out this morning and found him.

Big; dirty, smelly, and very little blood anywhere around or on him. No exit wound. 25/45 Sharps.

[Linked Image]

nice job, good to here about the 25/45
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum