Texas Hunting Forum

Click...

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Click... - 12/06/20 02:01 PM

No bacon last night. 20+ came in about an hour after dark. I had just got through walking the property after putting the feeder in the car - raccoons tore it up again, but there was a little corn left on the ground when I was done. Came back to my spot and the pigs were there. Surprisingly they didnt spook as I was walking in the open with lots of dry leaves.Ready...click. I had done a soft rack on my new .308 AR when I got there since it was already after dark and the feeder should have just gone off. Click. Not hard enough. Trying to be quiet, another soft rerack. Hit the forward assist. All good. Click. Got up, went behind some trees, and did a hard rerack. Got back seated in my spot. They were still there. Got my green light up again. Ready, aim, and they're on the move back into the trees. No shot. 🤨
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Click... - 12/06/20 02:03 PM

Good luck
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Click... - 12/06/20 05:43 PM

It's happened to most of us.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Click... - 12/06/20 08:15 PM

Revovered my cards and fixed the feeder (I hope) - see gear page. Ends up the hogs came in as I was walking the property. The camera faces north, so they came out of the creek and went left, or west, along the treeline/fenceline to the feeder about 250 yards away. I walked around the north of the property down by the house, shined the green light around, then reversed course and made a big U to my spot. My light is in the way upper left. Never saw or heard them at this point. Time is actually around 645 pm.

Attached picture 20201206_140549.jpg
Attached picture 20201206_140620.jpg
Attached picture 20201206_140703.jpg
Posted By: Boar Sight

Re: Click... - 12/15/20 01:09 AM

That story could be mine from last Thursday nite. Got into blind early and, unlike my usual routine, I didn't put a round in pipe before leaving 4 wheeler. Went to turn on scope and get settled and behold, hogs at my feeder. I had put an external battery pack on butt stock and couldn't get charging handle back far enough to get anything more than the dreaded "click". Hogs put up with me bumbling stumbling with AR for 5 minutes and hauled [censored]. Grrrrrrr.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum