Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow hog this evening

Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 03:32 AM

Last weekend I sat in the woods in the afternoon and right about dark I saw a bunch of hogs in the edge of my field about 100 yards away. So Sunday I moved the ladder to the edge of the field 20 yards from the feeder. After work today I went out to feed the cows and then grabbed the crossbow and headed to the back. When I came up out of the creek bed I saw a batch of hogs at the far end of the field. I rode the 4-wheeler right through the middle of the field and up under the tower blind and they never even saw me. They all ran up to check another feeder, then another, then left the field. I slipped down and got up in the ladder. About an hour later I heard snorting and the whole group of 15 came out of the woods and passed right under the stand. None of them were big hogs so I picked the prettiest one and shot. He squealed and ran about 5 steps, turned around, stumbled back towards the feeder and flopped. The others kept eating until he squealed again and they finally took off. He ended up laying almost exactly where I shot him.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 04:59 AM

Great job!
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 11:29 AM

Another good hog! Way to go!
Posted By: mikei

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 12:24 PM

Good work; lots more to go, so keep after 'em!
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 12:35 PM

Great job.. Congrats!
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 12:47 PM

Good shooting!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 01:45 PM

Good shot and congrats on getting him. It is interesting how different deer and hogs react to a sharp blade and arrow running through them.
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 06:14 PM

[img]http://[/img] clap
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/15/20 07:25 PM

clap
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 10/24/20 08:26 PM

up
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 11/19/20 02:33 AM

What kind of broadhead are you using to take hogs? I have a hunt coming up in March and am thinking of using my crossbow on one.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 11/19/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by nuprofessor
What kind of broadhead are you using to take hogs? I have a hunt coming up in March and am thinking of using my crossbow on one.

Muzzy 100 grains. I use aluminum shafts, too. Seen too many pictures of fibers sticking through hands.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 11/19/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH
Originally Posted by nuprofessor

Muzzy 100 grains. I use aluminum shafts, too. Seen too many pictures of fibers sticking through hands.

Nice setup
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Crossbow hog this evening - 11/20/20 05:41 PM

Nicely done
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum