Texas Hunting Forum

Teenage Hog down tonight

Posted By: mikei

Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/03/20 03:33 AM

Caught this young 'un snarfing up corn and used my "laser ray" 7.62. X 39 to end its meal a bit earlier than it had planned. 123 grain Hornady does the trick every time.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/03/20 12:58 PM

up
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/03/20 01:36 PM

With all the corn under/around it, it looks like a stuffed animal kill done by one of my dogs. clap
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/03/20 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
Caught this young 'un snarfing up corn and used my "laser ray" 7.62. X 39 to end its meal a bit earlier than it had planned.

Well, that was a rookie mistake that he won't make again! cheers
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/03/20 11:50 PM

Good job, should make fine eating.

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
With all the corn under/around it, it looks like a stuffed animal kill done by one of my dogs. clap

I was trying to build up a pile of corn so that I could get a couple/three of them together long enough for a 2-fer opportunity! The single fell in/on the pile! When you shoot 'em in the eye hole with 123 grain Hornady VMAX or SST, they don't run far! :-) There will be other opportunities. . . I've only scored 3 2-fers in over 30 years of throwing bullets at them. Bad enough performance to become a weather man here in Texas!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 02:31 AM

upWell done. I might have to have you come west to show me how it's done. They were 25 yards outside our bedroom window last week. The wife thought she heard snorting, but wasn't sure, so didn't wake me up. I'm probably gonna need backup; it's getting out of hand.

I can't get my Sig 7.62 to group decent, and I'm shooting those Hornadys. 'Course, I thought Monday would be a good time to go to Academy and buy some Federal. bang Common sense ain't always my strong suit.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 02:15 PM

nice

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 03:12 PM

After I shot this one, I waited around for about an hour, thinking maybe his buds would show up. They didn't, so I gave up and proceeded on back to the house. When I looked at the game cam the next morning, it turned out that this fairly large hog came to pay his respects to his fallen comrade. As a matter of fact, he pushed his buddy out of the way to get at the corn beneath him! I obviously still have work to do.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: pop r

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 05:27 PM

up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/04/20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
I obviously still have work to do.

There's a never-ending supply of hogs.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: TARUGS

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/06/20 01:46 AM

rifle
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/06/20 02:17 AM

[quote=Creekrunner] upWell done. I might have to have you come west to show me how it's done. They were 25 yards outside our bedroom window last week. The wife thought she heard snorting, but wasn't sure, so didn't wake me up. I'm probably gonna need backup; it's getting out of hand.

One of my neighbors installed a nice expensive new lawn a couple of months ago......The hogs came by a few nights later and uninstalled it. He was not too happy!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Teenage Hog down tonight - 06/06/20 04:15 AM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum