Texas Hunting Forum

Drought is over

Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Drought is over - 05/29/20 02:16 AM

Haven’t sat out in weeks and scanning from the porch has not produced lately. Last night I got the 300BO with the Wraith on it and went on out on the porch about 10 and there were 2 hogs at the far feeder and one at the 200 yard feeder. I grabbed the bog pod and put on the bug shirt and slipped down within 100 yards and squeezed off one. Heard the bullet hit and he took off. This morning went down with the tractor and found him 50 yards away while I was shredding. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Drought is over - 05/29/20 02:26 AM

Well done!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Drought is over - 05/29/20 03:22 AM

Keep after 'em! up
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Drought is over - 05/29/20 11:50 AM

up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Drought is over - 05/29/20 09:03 PM

Good one!
That'll do nicely.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Drought is over - 05/29/20 10:10 PM

Decided to go sit out last night in a blind. Got there about 7:45 and shot at a single hog at a feeder and lost which direction it went since I was zoomed all the way in with the Wraith. Sat there until 10 then took the 4 wheeler back to the house and took a quick look out the front door and there were 2 big ones at the feeder. Grabbed the pod and headed out down the pasture and got about 100 yards and shot. He took off but I could tell it was a good hit. This morning I take the tractor out again and start shredding and find last night’s hog in the middle of a 20’ wide 6” deep puddle. So I back the tractor up till the bush hog wheel is close, then climb from the cab to the rear wheel to the bush hog and lean over and slip the strap around a back leg then climb back to the cab, put it in gear and inch forward and the strap slips off. Repeat the American Ninja course and this time the strap holds and off he goes to the boneyard. Fat boy.
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum