Texas Hunting Forum

Neighborhood hogs...

Posted By: Creekrunner

Neighborhood hogs... - 05/14/20 11:03 PM

Ya gotta read this email I just received from my HOA. 'Have no idea why "hogs" is capitalized. ---

Neighbors:

I know this is a very trying time for all of us with COVID-19 and now the damage the Hogs are causing to some of our neighbors yards.  The Board took a vote on hiring the trappers for the neighborhood, but, please keep in mind there was no guarantee this would work to keep the hogs out of your yards.  Please know the hogs are not a Board matter and only the responsibility of the homeowners, but, the Board has done what they feel was necessary to try to help.  

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call anyone on the Board.  Although Pxxx Xxxxxxx and Jxxx Xxxxxin do so much for our neighborhood - they are not Board Members and should not be handling all of the emails and phone calls they receive.

Thanks to all of you for understanding.

Your Board Directors,

(Yada, yada, yada)

I tried to respond (to all 167 members, I just don't give a crap anymore) about me taking "responsibility" with my rifles, but they have some sort of block set up, I guess to avoid undue stress. roflmao
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/14/20 11:08 PM

1 word - suppressor
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/14/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
1 word - suppressor

paired with a good subsonic round!!
Posted By: GT653

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/15/20 12:14 AM

or this:

https://www.airforceairguns.com/The-Texan-by-AirForce-Airguns-s/118.htm
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/15/20 03:25 AM

I had a guy I know that lives in an HOA in Georgia that had a huge hog problem. They found out the cause, it was because someone was feeding corn in what he called the "green area" that was part of a park/playground.
Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/17/20 12:13 AM

Legal to hunt within city limits in Texas with conditions.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/LG/htm/LG.229.htm
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/28/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
I had a guy I know that lives in an HOA in Georgia that had a huge hog problem. They found out the cause, it was because someone was feeding corn in what he called the "green area" that was part of a park/playground.

Ah yes, the "Green Belt!" Had a cousin whose property backed up to a green belt. He had one pig getting into his yard every night and wreaking havoc. I suggested a hog panel fence, but he really wanted to kill it. It was a nice pig. He could get within about 10 yards of it through an open window in his garage. I suggested he wait until around New Year's Eve and pop it in the ear hole with a .22 Magnum, then quickly light off just a few Black Cats.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/28/20 09:57 PM

handle it brother, have fun.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/28/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
Ah yes, the "Green Belt!" Had a cousin whose property backed up to a green belt. He had one pig getting into his yard every night and wreaking havoc. I suggested a hog panel fence, but he really wanted to kill it. It was a nice pig. He could get within about 10 yards of it through an open window in his garage. I suggested he wait until around New Year's Eve and pop it in the ear hole with a .22 Magnum, then quickly light off just a few Black Cats.

I like the way you think.

Of course, I would never do anything like that myself.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/29/20 12:17 AM

A few months ago , the hogs were tearing up yards in our area. One day while out walking a came upon a Deputy Sheriff checking on a house and we started talking about the damage the hogs were doing.

His statement. Shoot them if they are in your yard. Be careful about the direction you fire , but stop them from doing the damage. We won't say anything.

We live in an area where most have 1 1/2 to 4 acres, but we are surrounded by larger ranches.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Neighborhood hogs... - 05/29/20 12:29 AM

The devils were 25 yards outside our bedroom window last night at the ranch. The wife said she thought she heard grunting, but wasn't sure, so didn't wake me up. bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum