Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Trap

Posted By: Biscuit

Hog Trap - 04/17/20 12:42 PM

What's your favorite style hog trap ? I am looking to buy or build one, never used one of any kind.
Posted By: Flatcreek

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 02:25 PM

Here's mine, bought from TxKiller awhile back. This one's heavy duty & can hold a lot of hogs.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 02:30 PM

I have a large fixed site trap and a portable trap. I think the portable trap is more useful.

My portable trap has a metal floor, which was an add-on by the previous owner, making it easier to drag. It seems that hogs don’t like walking on a metal floor, so I keep it covered with a layer of dirt. And I am reminded that I need to check the trap.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 02:33 PM

Monarch makes a trap that can be taken apart and moved by one man. I have two of these and love them.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 04:34 PM

I have a lighter weight trap with no floor

Easy to move around w 1 man

If you give a pig a few days he will learn to flip it over and get out I’ve learned.

If I set mine I check it everyday
Posted By: Cast

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by procraft05
I have a lighter weight trap with no floor

Easy to move around w 1 man

If you give a pig a few days he will learn to flip it over and get out I’ve learned.

If I set mine I check it everyday

You’re supposed to tee post and wire it down.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 09:02 PM

Ours was like above with a floor.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 10:09 PM

Mine is 10' x 6' x 5' high. Open bottom for cautious hogs and can be tipped on it's side for easy unloading. Partial open top for deer escape. Guillotine door that locks down when tripped. Rooter type trigger. I have caught as many as 14 at a time. Also caught some really big ones. I have seen many deer in the trap but none have ever tripped it....I guess they are dainty eaters. I would recommend a trap with no top...a dead or crippled deer in your trap ain't cool. It can be turned on it's side to be hauled in a pickup.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 10:34 PM

wow very nice set up
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 10:45 PM

I waughnt that!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hog Trap - 04/17/20 10:53 PM

And I like that regular cab Tundra. 'Don't think I've ever focused one. If they make an 8' bed, I could really use one. up
Posted By: Erich

Re: Hog Trap - 04/20/20 09:29 PM

that is a pretty good looking trap set up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum