Texas Hunting Forum

Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success!

Posted By: Jungleexplorer

Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/07/20 03:36 PM

Good Morning everyone. Here is my latest hunting video. In this video I took a young man stalk hunting that had never hunted or even held a rifle before and guided him to his first hog. It was the first time I was able to capture me doing something like this and even though I had a slight problem with my camera, I think the footage turned out good enough. Anyone who knows what it is like to face to face with a herd of with hogs in deep brush, should know the rush that this man was feeling. But he did amazing.

Posted By: Douglas Tipton

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/08/20 12:50 AM

Lucky young man to have a mentor like you. What a great thrill for you!!
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/08/20 01:17 AM

That young man will be hooked on hunting the rest of his life.....great memories for him !

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/08/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas Tipton
Lucky young man to have a mentor like you. What a great thrill for you!!

Thanks. I love doing this. This was a great day. I just wish I had someone to film it instead of me having to rely on a headcam. Stalking takes full concentration and I just forget about the camera. When the hunt was done and I took the camera off my head and saw that it had been knocked up, I was sick. It is not every time that hunts turn out this successful with a brand new hunter. I am just glad the footage was good enough to use, even though it was not the best. Of course most hunting videos you see of stalking, are not shot live like this one, because it is hard enough to stalk by yourself, much less a video crew.

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/08/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Old Stony
That young man will be hooked on hunting the rest of his life.....great memories for him !

Yep! He was just great, and that shot he made was amazing. He passed up several shots because he was shaking. You can hear him say in the video after the shot that he was nervous and had to still his nerves before the shot. So few first-timers have the presence of mind to do that. Generally, they forget everything I have told them and just shoot at the first patch they see. But this guy did great. He remembered all my instructions, listened to my guidance and landed a perfect shot. Just a great day all around.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/09/20 03:11 AM

That was awesome. You are the man!

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/09/20 04:07 AM

Thanks. Nothing brings me more joy than teaching the next generation.
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/20/20 11:15 PM

That smile says it all!! Congrats!!! He is now hooked for life
Great job explaining everything to this young man...great mentorship! Keep it up
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/21/20 03:31 PM

cheers tis what its about...
"When ya huntsolo your memories die with ya...

We started our kids out camping, since they was in diapers.
& they doing same...

flag
Posted By: MikeU

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/22/20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hogz
That smile says it all!! Congrats!!! He is now hooked for life
Great job explaining everything to this young man...great mentorship! Keep it up

This right here. Great job.
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 03/23/20 07:55 PM

This is a cool video in so many ways! First of all, the mentoring and instruction of the young hunter, taking the time to explain what you're doing, why you're doing it. Second, the perspective of a stalk, which is SO much more fun than hunting from a fixed location and a great way to introduce a new hunter to the art. Thanks for sharing, thanks for taking the time to mentor a new hunter (critical to the survival of hunting in this country over the decades to come), and thanks for taking one more crop devastator out of the environment.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 04/11/20 02:10 AM

clap
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Got to guide a first time hunter to wild hog success! - 04/20/20 08:31 AM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum