Texas Hunting Forum

No luck but bad luck

Posted By: 603Country

No luck but bad luck - 02/02/20 01:02 AM

Went hog hunting this afternoon. Beautiful day. Had deer all around me, one of them a buck. There was some small bit of romance between him and one flirty young doe, with her doing the pursuing, but eating grass seemed to have more attraction for him. There was plenty of light left, but the wife was cooking something special (and I really needed to pee), so I closed the windows and stepped out on the platform at the back side of the blind and started down the ladder. Looked to my left, and a big hog was waddling directly away from me at 80 yards. The rifle is slung on my shoulder and I am in a very awkward position. Got the rifle up and all I see is pig butt. The hog turned, still doesn’t see me, but is wandering all over at a fast walk. Just would not hold still and the gun was wobbling. Took the shot and hit him, but don’t think it was fatal. Tomorrow I’ll look for him. If I had stayed in my chair for 15 more seconds....geez. He was a big un.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: No luck but bad luck - 02/02/20 01:37 AM

What did the wife cook ?

Bet it helped ease the frustration if it were something special
Posted By: 603Country

Re: No luck but bad luck - 02/02/20 01:49 AM

She made us a terrific shrimp cocktail, for a light supper. We are dieting. An awful thing to do, but she makes it acceptable, being the fine cook that she is.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: No luck but bad luck - 02/02/20 02:18 AM

We all have off days. Good luck finding the beast in the morning! Don't go unarmed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum