Texas Hunting Forum

Recovered Hog #1000

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:09 PM

It took a lot of years, but I finally killed and recovered my 1000th feral hog. No doubt there are a bunch more that I shot that managed to get off property or into dense brush that I never could find.

The timing turned out great. I just happened to have hogs coming back to my place which is where I killed my first hog back in 2009...

Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:17 PM

Congratulations! You've come far, pilgrim!
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:23 PM

Congratulations !!..not many people have killed anyway near that amount. I'm only at 702 hogs and thought I'd done pretty good...but you have me beat by a long ways !
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:25 PM

Nice!! Cool to go back through your older equipment to current equipment!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis in Ft Worth
Congratulations! You've come far, pilgrim!

X2 rifle
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:39 PM

cheers rifle
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 07:46 PM

That's quite a feat. Good work
Posted By: rickym

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 09:33 PM

Congratsis in order, but I got baited thinking you had a 1,000# hog.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 10:23 PM

up Snicker, snicker. "Significant cranial overpressure" lizard
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by dlrz71
cheers rifle
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 11:07 PM

Coming soon .... 1001

You’re A Juggernaut , keep it up

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Old Stony
Congratulations !!..not many people have killed anyway near that amount. I'm only at 702 hogs and thought I'd done pretty good...but you have me beat by a long ways !

Yeah, but I think you are killing them faster than me. And you have done very well. The landowner of that primary property you hunt has to be very pleased with what you have done.

Originally Posted by rickym
Congratsis in order, but I got baited thinking you had a 1,000# hog.

Some day, if I can get on to some large property that hasn't been hunted in 20 years, then maybe I might just see some hogs over 400 lbs. I have a few in the lower 300-335 range, but that is about as big as I have seen them myself.

Originally Posted by duckhunter175
Nice!! Cool to go back through your older equipment to current equipment!

Yeah, for the longest time, I was trying all sorts of things. I would have IR blood lights that I would carry in with me and set up before a hunt so that my night vision (Gen II+, Gen I, and digital night vision) would work better. I tried a myriad of IR illuminators and lasers, a couple of which were apparently deemed unsafe for use due to risk of eye damage. I tried motion sensors that I would set up around my feeder area to let me know when hogs were coming in, just in case I fell asleep. Maybe if I would have just purchased a Gen III nightvision sight to start with, I would have been ahead of the game after all the money I spent trying different things the first few years.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/22/20 11:46 PM

Congratulations.

There should be some kind of badge for that.

Besides the considerable milestone....just think about how many hogs you prevented being born. If we were to take even a conservative figure and extrapolate it....it would many, many thousands. Good job. Keep it up.

Flint.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/23/20 12:04 AM

I can't count that high...congrats!
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/23/20 12:44 AM

Wow! You're surely a charter inductee in the TBPS Hall of Fame.
Keep After 'Em!

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/23/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Congratulations.

Besides the considerable milestone....just think about how many hogs you prevented being born. If we were to take even a conservative figure and extrapolate it....it would many, many thousands. Good job. Keep it up.

Flint.

LOL, the badge would say, "Not Enough Hogs Killed Yet"

We all are doing a part of keeping future hog generations down. I have been fortunate in gaining places to hunt for others, but even folks that just keep hogs clear off of only one property are still providing a great service to the landowner, crops, and wildlife on that property and to some extent, around that property.

There are plenty of folks that probably kill a lot more hogs and didn't keep count. The son of a buddy of mine trapped hundreds during his high school years and old them, buying his first car with the proceeds and paying for part of his college education. However, in the end, what matters is that we keep after them.

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

Thanks! I used a calculator.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/23/20 02:00 AM

That’s a lot of fingers and toes to count on...congrats! That’s awesome!!

I haven’t kept count of my hog kills, but it is less than 10% of your for sure.

Keep up the good work! It’s a group effort, some working harder than others cheers
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/23/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Congratulations.

Flint.

LOL, the badge would say, "Not Enough Hogs Killed Yet"

We all are doing a part of keeping future hog generations down. I have been fortunate in gaining places to hunt for others, but even folks that just keep hogs clear off of only one property are still providing a great service to the landowner, crops, and wildlife on that property and to some extent, around that property.

There are plenty of folks that probably kill a lot more hogs and didn't keep count. The son of a buddy of mine trapped hundreds during his high school years and old them, buying his first car with the proceeds and paying for part of his college education. However, in the end, what matters is that we keep after them.

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

Thanks! I used a calculator.

I still think you deserve a badge or sticker for your vehicle, something like the high mileage recognition on my Land Cruiser.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/25/20 12:29 PM

Outstanding Sir! Congratulations!!!!!

Always enjoy your videos and posts....
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/26/20 02:50 AM

Nicely done
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/26/20 05:59 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/26/20 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Originally Posted by dlrz71
cheers rifle

Posted By: jnd59

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/31/20 05:21 AM

Congrats! I've got exactly 3 so I'm closing fast. I'd have more but my eyes are too old.

Re: Recovered Hog #1000 - 01/31/20 07:41 AM

You will get more!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum