Texas Hunting Forum

Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/16/20 11:16 PM

Chad and I got together to hunt on Tuesday night. The started off quite nice and our first hunt of the night was on a brand new property. I had toured it earlier in the day with the owner and noted various areas of rooting. So that is where we started off the night, but only saw a group of coyotes. This first hunt is all on with and being unfamiliar with the expanse of the property. We were stuck with the decision of trying to move even closer to the coyotes and potentially having them run off or shooting from what I thought was inside of 200 yards and the coyotes were a bit farther out. Net result was just one coyote when we should have had at least 2.

Chad blew up skunk on the next property for a landowner of mine that has been plagued with skunks around his house and other buildings. This was a most impressive impact.

We did get on some hogs. It was pretty interesting. We were scanning a property down the road when a caravan of vehicles went by us in the direction of our next property. Turns out to be the landowner's kids and their friends returning from some event. I figure that would ruin our chances to hunt, but as we arrived about 2 minutes behind the caravan, there were hogs in the field despite the traffic and commotion and so Chad and I took off after them...

After that, we tried to make a 2nd round to all the properties and got through a couple before the fog set in and ended the hunt. Even though the evening was cut short, we had a great time.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/16/20 11:41 PM

Well done!!! Chad's reaction to that skunk popping was hilarious
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/16/20 11:51 PM

Wow - three different sorts of game in one hunt !

Good job guys
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 01:14 AM

Great video, Brian!! That skunked POPPED!! The "thermal explosion" from that 75 grain ELDM at 3K fps was huge! Thank you for the hunting trip and experience! It was great.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 02:57 AM

WHOA! The skunk population is exploding — literally!

Nice going all around.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 01:55 PM

That last sow was a bullet sponge, kudos guys. up
Posted By: JP4065

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 02:31 PM

Good video and good shooting fellas.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 03:37 PM

Very cool video, digging the effects of that 75gr ELDM on a soft target!
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 04:59 PM

up
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/17/20 05:15 PM

great video
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/30/20 04:28 AM

Nice!
Posted By: TOM-M

Re: Out with Chad of Custom Reloads of Dallas - 01/30/20 02:37 PM

What video editing software do you use? They're really good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum