Texas Hunting Forum

Need some help choosing a place to hunt

Posted By: Clownpuncher

Need some help choosing a place to hunt - 01/14/20 04:59 PM

4 of us were wanting to go back to Texas for either a hog hunt or a hog/exotic hunt. Sorry if this is lengthy but we are from Colorado and will be coming a ways and just want to make sure we have all of our cards on the table so you all have all the information you need to help us make a decision.
We have been to Texas and Oklahoma before hunting hogs and had a blast. Two of us are mainly bow hunters and two are not, although all of us can do either. One of the guys would really like to get back into bowhunting so we figured hogs would be a great thing to jump into. We really enjoyed the hogs but were thinking of adding some kind of an exotic (axis, fallow, or even Whitetail (and yes I know they aren't exotic, just threw it in)). We do not want a trophy hunt or anything like that. I'm a huge advocate for eating what you shoot and some friends told me that axis was better than elk (again, in Colorado we pretty much live off elk) and I LOVE elk so that's going to be hard to beat.

We are just wanting a good hunt on a nice place with great owners to have a great time. So far every where we have gone we have found that but wanting to add in some other species.

We aren't wanting to go after trophies. I wouldn't know one if you put it in front of me. We are looking for a place that just has maybe axis or something being a nuisance and could maybe use some help thinning them.

Anyone have any thoughts? And thank you in advance for any help!
Posted By: 69FowlFather

Re: Need some help choosing a place to hunt - 01/14/20 05:08 PM

Hard Knocks Outdoors has hogs and exotics and a great lodge. Hit Up Matt Carr and check him out
214-316-9701
Posted By: Clownpuncher

Re: Need some help choosing a place to hunt - 01/14/20 05:24 PM

I'll check em out Thanks.
Posted By: Samal

Re: Need some help choosing a place to hunt - 01/14/20 06:07 PM

I stopped bow hunting couple years ago, but when I did, I went to Shiloh ranch in OK. they are set up for bow hunters only and have rams as well. nicely setup for bowhunt

https://shilohranchhoghunting.com/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum