Texas Hunting Forum

Hogs with Dogs Opportunity

Posted By: TXAGGIE83

Hogs with Dogs Opportunity - 12/09/19 07:27 PM

I am looking for someone who uses dogs to hunt hogs and is willing to come and do it on my property for free. I would want someone who is experienced and has dogs which will not chase deer or other game animals. They would need to be able to round up and shoot most of the hogs off the property. I would like someone with good references. The hunter(s) could keep the hogs they dispatch, I would keep the tails only. Let me know if you qualify or know someone who does.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Hogs with Dogs Opportunity - 12/09/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TXAGGIE83
I am looking for someone who uses dogs to hunt hogs and is willing to come and do it on my property for free. I would want someone who is experienced and has dogs which will not chase deer or other game animals. They would need to be able to round up and shoot most of the hogs off the property. I would like someone with good references. The hunter(s) could keep the hogs they dispatch, I would keep the tails only. Let me know if you qualify or know someone who does.

I'm not sure that is a reasonable expectation if you are Low Fence. Hog Doggers are going to catch one...(maybe two) hogs from a group..then that group is likely to 'head for the hills' for awhile.

Another group might come in and take their place...but running dogs on properties of less than a few thousand acres will quickly move the hogs to neighboring properties. That is why Hog Doggers are constantly looking for new places to run their dogs. Great sport for the Hog Doggers, but doesn't remove many hogs and educates all that get away.

If you want large numbers of hogs taken off your property....think about having a trapper come in.

Or you could move to Deep East Texas and you'll have all the 'free' Hog Doggers you can handle (whether you want them or not) since they pretty much go wherever they like, when they like.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum