Texas Hunting Forum

Finally managed to get out and shoot one!

Posted By: der Teufel

Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/06/19 07:02 PM

A series of events had conspired to keep me away from hog hunting since the middle of the year. Things have finally eased up and I managed to get out the first week of December to once again pursue the hogs. There are some deer hunters who are active on the property I hunt, and they planted a rather nice food plot consisting of roughly 6-8 acres of wheat. The hogs have discovered it and expressed their appreciation by showing up.

I'd been having trouble with my video recorder, but I contacted UNV and Todd called and talked me through all the settings, and we tried various things to get it working right. After a little while he just said to return it and they promptly issued a new one! This wasn't exactly a brand new item, I'd had it for a while, but they took care of me. I had the sound set incorrectly for this video so there's no accompanying sound, but that was my fault.

Anyway, it's good to be able to get back out and I hope you enjoy the video. It's been so long I had to almost completely re-learn how to use my video editing software!

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/06/19 07:17 PM

There you are!!!! Good job!!!!
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/06/19 11:04 PM

up
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/07/19 12:54 AM

rifle

Charlie
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/07/19 01:09 AM

Good job.

Nice narration...helps set the scene for the video.

Those hogs really show up well in 'white hot'.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/08/19 12:54 AM

up
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Finally managed to get out and shoot one! - 12/09/19 01:46 PM

flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum