Texas Hunting Forum

night vision

Posted By: BassCat'99

night vision - 12/01/19 11:22 PM

looking for user based input on first purchase of n/v.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: night vision - 12/02/19 03:25 AM

Just stick with pulsar or sightmark brand and you will be good
Posted By: noose

Re: night vision - 12/02/19 03:58 AM

A lot will come in here talking about the ATN scopes. I tried them. Had three go bad within the first thirty days of ownership and returned all three. No more ATN for me. The quality control is abysmal. The sightmark I had with an aftermarket infrared flashlight was good to about 150 for a clear ear-hole shot. The pulsars seem more clear to me but they cost more. I haven't tried one personally though so you'll have to ask someone who has.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: night vision - 12/02/19 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by noose
A lot will come in here talking about the ATN scopes. I tried them. Had three go bad within the first thirty days of ownership and returned all three. No more ATN for me. The quality control is abysmal. The sightmark I had with an aftermarket infrared flashlight was good to about 150 for a clear ear-hole shot. The pulsars seem more clear to me but they cost more. I haven't tried one personally though so you'll have to ask someone who has.

Only 3? Sounds like you had a good run! You did better than many... roflmao
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: night vision - 12/02/19 02:09 PM

What's your primary focus on using it? Are you sold on Night vision or are you thinking about possibly going thermal?
Posted By: Bobby Hill

Re: night vision - 12/09/19 07:14 PM

i have a Sightmark Photon RT, I really like it. After about 100yds or so it starts to get a little fuzzy, but i have shot out to about 140yds with good success.
Posted By: hdfireman

Re: night vision - 12/09/19 10:43 PM

Buy once, Cry once
What kind of hunting are you doing? In a stand, stalking, driving or a combination?
Ranges?
Posted By: lzybear75

Re: night vision - 12/11/19 03:01 PM

I guess my group has gotten lucky as we run 3 ATN 4Ks, one on a 308 one on a 30-06, and one on a grendel. Using aftermarket IR lights from Sniper Hog Lights. Taken about 40ish hogs this year with no issues. Shots ranging anywhere from 100yds out to about 266yds (the 266 was a skunk).
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: night vision - 12/11/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by lzybear75
I guess my group has gotten lucky as we run 3 ATN 4Ks, with no issues.

Buy a lotto ticket cause y’all are certainly beating the odds
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum