Texas Hunting Forum

Boar Down Before Deer Season

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/04/19 04:35 PM

Being deer season, I lose some of my properties to deer hunters temporarily. I checked in with this landowner and he said none of the relatives asked to come shoot deer so he told me I was to keep after the pigs. I arrive on property and get about half way to my observation spot when I spied a hog. That stalk was unsuccessful, but he appeared to come back later and I nailed him l with ammo loaded by Chad at Custom Reloads of Dallas. Despite my mislabeling of the grain weight by 1 grain, the Hornady ELD-M 130 gr. did very well.

Of course, none of my hunts seem to go completely smoothly. I managed to drop my phone inside the hog while trying to take pictures. Just a suggestion, but one should not hold one's phone over an open carcass that is full of blood. bang

Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/04/19 06:06 PM

up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/04/19 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Of course, none of my hunts seem to go completely smoothly. I managed to drop my phone inside the hog while trying to take pictures. Just a suggestion, but one should not hold one's phone over an open carcass that is full of blood. bang

Words to live by … bolt
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/05/19 12:40 AM

Good habit/discipline you've developed to immediately cover the hog (get a second sight picture) when they go down. That way you are ready for a follow up shot if needed.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/05/19 01:03 AM

Personally, I’ve had too many dead hogs struggle to their feet and run. These days I’ll pop em again if they even twitch. Be ready to shoot again.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/05/19 01:47 PM

up
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/13/19 11:10 PM

Great video!!
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Boar Down Before Deer Season - 11/17/19 03:42 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum