Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunting In Robertson County, First Time

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Hog Hunting In Robertson County, First Time - 10/15/19 05:41 PM

Last weekend, I went down for the TAMU Trophy Hunter's Banquet and managed to meet a lot of nice people and also met up with Daniel of the Brazos Valley Boars and Varmints. He and I had been corresponding for a while and he generously offered to take me out if I was ever down that way. The cold front had moved through and we had intermittent rain which was a bit limiting to where we could got in his golf cart. I have hunted with a variety of guys in various combustion engine golf carts and UTVs who said they were quiet, but nothing is as quiet as an electric cart. The only problem is that they are much more limited on range than gas powered.

We managed to see hogs multiple times, but usually the hogs were moving and were at long distance such that we never got to within shooting range. Finally, we spied this one group at 500 yards or so that was browsing, drove in half way and stalked the rest. Daniel and his regulars don't do countdowns. They pick a designated shooter and when everyone else is ready, they shoot when the designated shooter shoots. It is a little different than a countdown, but is alright. Part of what I like about getting together with other hunters is learning new things...

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Hog Hunting In Robertson County, First Time - 10/15/19 06:57 PM

Very nice!!!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Hog Hunting In Robertson County, First Time - 10/16/19 11:05 AM

Nice work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum