Texas Hunting Forum

Video of last night’s thermal hunt with Twisted Outfitters & High Plains Hunts

Posted By: TXGH

Video of last night’s thermal hunt with Twisted Outfitters & High Plains Hunts - 07/21/19 03:23 AM

Running the 6.5 Grendel with the N-Vision HALO, recorded with the SiOnyx Aurora by hand and the Phone Skope on the thermal.

This is only one of the several fields we hit. The rest will be on the full episode when I edit it s d it airs on Pursuit Channel.

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Video of last night’s thermal hunt with Twisted Outfitters & High Plains Hunts - 07/21/19 05:50 PM

What’s the deal with the behind the eyepiece recording device?

It made the recorded video hard to watch when it’s jumping around due to
recoil.

You don’t have to view the scope through that thing do you ?

Another part to contend with and add to the complexity of the process, the style where a small camera records the screen would be better for the shooter although they’re not perfect either.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Video of last night’s thermal hunt with Twisted Outfitters & High Plains Hunts - 07/22/19 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pig_Popper
What’s the deal with the behind the eyepiece recording device?

It made the recorded video hard to watch when it’s jumping around due to
recoil.

You don’t have to view the scope through that thing do you ?

Another part to contend with and add to the complexity of the process, the style where a small camera records the screen would be better for the shooter although they’re not perfect either.

The Halo does not record so I put it on just to record. It is called the Phone Skope. You DO NOT have to look at your cell phone while recording, it is off to the side, so you have a clear vision into the actual device. After the video I saw I didn't have it on all teh way and that is why it was loose. I will try something else next time.

I have a Sionyx Auroa that does really well recording the screen but I would have to move the thermal way forward on teh rail to have enough room for the camera to lock in front of the scope.

DVRs are an option but they degrade the quality way more than the cell phone
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Video of last night’s thermal hunt with Twisted Outfitters & High Plains Hunts - 07/22/19 05:49 PM

DVRs don't produce double vision.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum