Texas Hunting Forum

How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights?

Posted By: Jeff in TX

How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights? - 07/13/19 08:23 PM

How many of y'all are using green or red solar powered feeder lights for hog hunting?

We have them on most of our feeders? Mine are green LED and I get them off of eBay for about $30.00. It takes two per feeder to really work well.

What I'm curious to ask
What brands are you using?
Does it take more than one to cover the feeder area?
What features do you like/dislike?
What features would you like to have?
Do you prefer red or green LED's?

The reason I ask, I'm currently working with a company on some all night solar powered green or red flood lights for hog hunting. I'd like to get a wish list of features you'd like to see in the lights?

Thanks
Posted By: MC68

Re: How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights? - 07/13/19 09:49 PM

I have green lights on all my feeders. Most of them are Elusive Wildlife and they work well. I do like to put two of them on as I take most of my shots from 100 yards. Solar is the only way to go. I hated trying to keep battiers up in everything.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights? - 07/14/19 03:14 AM

I have been using them for years. 10W Green Led Flood light running dusk to dawn. I prefer to run full power as it spooks big pigs less. Use a 50W panel with charge controller. Also runs my cellular game cam as a bonus. You can build much better than can be bought commercially.
Posted By: WendlingKnives

Re: How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights? - 07/14/19 09:27 AM

I just put a green elusive wildlife on one feeder earlier this year. seems to work well. Only killed one pig under it so far. Took the pigs and deer about a week to not care about it
Posted By: glocker17

Re: How many of you are using solar power green or red LED Feeder lights? - 07/14/19 05:41 PM

10W puts out a bunch of light

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum