Texas Hunting Forum

High Shoulder

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

High Shoulder - 05/21/19 09:44 AM

Works for me. On the first pic, this entry wound is my preferred poi. This placement puts em' down every time. This is with Hornday, Superformance, SST, 165 gr. .308 at about 115 yards. The second pic (family portrait) shows the exit. I'd try for head shots behind the ear, but in most cases for me, their head is always moving, down eating or blocked by another. The other two ran about 10 yards and looked back for Momma. The grass was tall, could barely see em so I took what they gave me. A shout out for the CTR also.
Rifle is super accurate and built like a tank. Granted it does have great rings, factory rail and a Leupold VX5-HD, but this set up doesn't get the celebrity treatment when it comes to how I handle it. It's a tank.

Attached picture IMG_3974.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3971.JPG
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: High Shoulder - 05/21/19 12:21 PM

Nice work!! up rifle
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: High Shoulder - 05/21/19 04:11 PM

With the shotgun shooting slugs I always try to aim high shoulder. Little left I get neck little right I get lungs.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: High Shoulder - 05/21/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by dlrz71
Nice work!! up rifle
Posted By: Mas Cabeza

Re: High Shoulder - 05/22/19 01:51 AM

Good shootin!! If you don’t mind me asking what’s the celebrity treatment??

Re: High Shoulder - 05/22/19 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mas Cabeza
Good shootin!! If you don’t mind me asking what’s the celebrity treatment??

I'll let this one ride in the front rack of my 4 wheeler and not worry about dust and vibration. I don't baby it and will lay it on the ground in the dirt if I have to. It gets some sand and mud on it for my walk in river hunt.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: High Shoulder - 05/22/19 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by dlrz71
Nice work!! up rifle

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: High Shoulder - 05/22/19 01:47 PM

Nicely done!

Shoulder is my preferred shot at night and while stalking. I’ll take head shots if I’m hunting from my blind with a good steady rest. I just purchased the same scope and am anxious to have it mounted and test it out.

Re: High Shoulder - 05/22/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Nicely done!

Shoulder is my preferred shot at night and while stalking. I’ll take head shots if I’m hunting from my blind with a good steady rest. I just purchased the same scope and am anxious to have it mounted and test it out.

You're gonna like that scope, a lot. I have the CDS, and sent good data to Leupold. I posted last year some results. Two shots touching, 1st at 100, second at 300. Held both dead on after dialing the CDS dial. That's my third CDS dial and all work great for my set ups.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum