Texas Hunting Forum

I almost forgot (photo)

Posted By: Texas Dan

I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 06:06 PM

Shot this boar the Thursday evening before Easter. He showed up in some tall grass behind the feeder just a minute or two before it went off. One of a very fear times when I shot a hog that looked bigger once it hit the ground. With just two of us being there, we used his come-a-long to winch him into the bed of my friend's Mule. You can see the cable wrapped around his leg in the photo.

First animal taken with my Savage Axis Series II .243 (100 grain bullet). Took one shot to bring him down but another at short distance to finish him off.

Did I say I hate hogs?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 08:44 PM

That's a big un!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 08:47 PM

2 grown men couldn't load a 180 lb hog without a winch?

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan

There was a time when I thought men who said they had a bad back were just lazy and wanted to avoid hard work. Later I learned first-hand the back is a part of the human body that can be damaged for life.

Being about the same age (early 60's), the two of us never considered giving it a try.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 10:03 PM

IBM had a commercial several decades ago, in which they used the slogan "Machines should work, people should think!"

To my wife's occasional dismay, it has become one of my guiding philosophies in life.

Keep using that come-along!
And, keep after the hogs!
Posted By: Hook-Em

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/24/19 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

There was a time when I thought men who said they had a bad back were just lazy and wanted to avoid hard work. Later I learned first-hand the back is a part of the human body that can be damaged for life.

Being about the same age (early 60's), the two of us never considered giving it a try.

Yep ^^^^^^
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/25/19 12:20 AM

Nice, that guy would make a decent Euro?

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/25/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Nice, that guy would make a decent Euro?

I gave it to the guy who owned the Mule and will see if he kept the skull. He's a local renter who will make the meat go further than anyone I know.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/25/19 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
Originally Posted by Texas Dan

Yep ^^^^^^

Yup.....nice cutters! up
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 04/25/19 01:09 PM

Good job, Dan.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 05/11/19 07:32 PM

well done!!! up
Posted By: pnh

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 05/11/19 09:36 PM

Good job Dan! Kill em all!
Posted By: GNTX

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 05/12/19 03:10 AM

Nice! I’ve been thinking of getting a 450 BM upper for my AR. Just for this reason.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: I almost forgot (photo) - 05/12/19 10:59 AM

At least you were drinking light beer, that helps on the back too I would think.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum