Texas Hunting Forum

Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county

Posted By: Kraylon

Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/05/19 10:49 PM

I just moved here in October of last year and havent really had a chance to find a place to hunt hogs prior to my dad visiting, I live in leander and dont even know where to start to find a place for me and my old man to hunt hogs, so i am here looking for suggestions and or places to start looking

Thanks
Posted By: techzan

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/06/19 12:32 PM

Granger Lake
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/06/19 02:22 PM

The Outfitters / Leases section on the forum may be a good place to start. They generally charge for their services, but worth it for my money. They do the scouting and have a very good idea where you would be most successful. Good Luck!
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/08/19 05:58 PM

Granger Lake (archery) would be the cheapest and it's relatively close to you. Plenty of ranches out your way (past Liberty Hill --> Bertram, Burnet, Blanco, etc) where you can score a reasonably priced hog hunt with a reputable outfitter. You're on the right forum for sure! Oh, and welcome to Texas!

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/09/19 02:44 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll see what my dad want's to do when he gets here on Thursday
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/11/19 02:05 PM

Note that Granger lake is daytime only, bow only hunting and requires a permit.

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/12/19 03:41 AM

We are rifle hunters, so that's a good mental note
Posted By: HuntersAnonymous41

Re: Where to hunt hogs in Williamson or Travis county - 04/14/19 02:33 PM

Probably no help but the amount of hogs I’ve see around my house and in Hutto really surprises me. I’ve been on a few ranches and fields that the owners have allowed people to trap but not to sure about the use of rifles. Best of luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum