Texas Hunting Forum

Saturday evening retribution

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Saturday evening retribution - 02/06/19 10:23 PM

Given how the NFL mistreated my Saints, I figured busting up on a hog was close enough to bustin' up on a Ram to count, so I spent Sat night and Sunday at the lease.

Got 5 for the night. Something happened to the first video I posted on YouTube... The first sounder comes through just at sunset... first shot, battery cover pops off my XQ50... grrrr, get that back on and powered up and finish one off one dragging to the side and end up with two dead on the ground. What doesn't become obvious to me until later when I looked at the video was I had my first 1 5/8 'fer! My first shot (partitioned round), took out hog #1 where it stood and did a pretty good job on #2 whereby all he could do was start to drag himself off. I finished him when I got the scope back on. The blood trail from the POI to where he lay was pretty substantial.

In the video, you'll see hog #1 above taking a nap from the first sounder that came through. First shot here sure was disappointing, though, it looked to be right at the sweet spot I always shoot for, base of the neck. I do think ultimately it ends up being the hog who gives it up just at the backside of the hill.
(Something was up with YouTube when I uploaded/edited this as it still says "in process" days later and is not edited)

[Linked Image]

I was ecstatic to see the Rams lose, but hated to see the Patriots/Brady win another one... Who Dat!

Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/06/19 11:05 PM

Hey, nice bunch o' hogs down!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/07/19 12:27 AM

up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/07/19 12:49 AM

Nicely done
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/07/19 05:11 AM

Show them the video where you put a round thru the stand. Or was I not supposed to mention that?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/07/19 07:49 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about... eeks333
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/08/19 04:00 AM

Nice
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Saturday evening retribution - 02/08/19 05:06 AM

Very good!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum