Texas Hunting Forum

Expandable broadheads for hogs

Posted By: rickt300

Expandable broadheads for hogs - 11/26/18 04:09 PM

Speed is not an issue as I am getting 355 fps out of the crossbow. Which is part of the problem. I would rather use a cut on impact regular three blade broadhead but this crossbow has cost me some bucks trying to find out what it will shoot well with three and four blade broadheads. However it is a tackdriver with every expandable I have tried. I don't expect to reuse the expandable's just need some input on the best ones for feral hogs.
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 11/27/18 02:38 PM

I have used Rage on 1 hog with a cross bow and it blew a huge hole on the backside. Pig went 60 yds, maybe.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 12/01/18 02:34 AM

Thats what I want out of a expandable broadhead.
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 12/02/18 01:28 AM

I shoot a fast compound but of course it isn’t as fast as your crossbow. I have shot a bunch of hogs with it and if I don’t hit a shoulder I get a pass through with a huge hole using Rage and a dead pig pretty quickly! I have also heard see fixed blades with not near as quick as using the rage.
Posted By: Woj

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 12/05/18 09:21 PM

I shot these two hogs last weekend testing Rage Hypodermic 2" 2 blade expandable with my bow. I wanted a hog quartering to me to see how it performed through the shield and shoulder blade/bone. This hog (120 lbs on the scale) went 50 yards. Good blood even with only the entry hole.

Posted By: Freeman

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 12/08/18 01:19 PM

I'm using Muzzy Trocar expandables with my Mission XB. Last one I shot was a 200 lb which went about 25 yards, laid down and died.
Posted By: Freeman

Re: Expandable broadheads for hogs - 12/08/18 01:20 PM

I'm using Muzzy Trocar expandables with my Mission XB. Last one I shot was a 200 lb which went about 25 yards, laid down and died.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum