Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder light?

Posted By: wesbradshaw

Feeder light? - 11/21/18 01:57 PM

Looking for recommendations for the best feeder light somewhere in the $100 range or less

Thanks
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Feeder light? - 11/25/18 12:38 PM

Academy has a "moon beam" green feeder light for around 35 bucks. They work pretty good.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 05:32 AM

I used two of those motion/solar lights from Northern Tool. Placed them on 8 ft conduit placed over t post about 20 ft from feeder, one on one side one on other. Lights facing away from your point of site.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 09:43 AM

I buy the motion lights from Harbor Freight...about 25 bucks each. One near a feeder is generally all you need and they are good for about a year or more generally. Just a few screws to attach them to a tree or whatever and walk away......they are solar so the sun does it's job.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 12:20 PM

Cheap solar powered motion lights from Amazon or Harbor Freight or ????. I mount mine on the feeder - usually 2 will light what you need to see. Last from 1 - 5 years. Get the ones that start out dim and then brighten - not as scary as sudden light.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 04:25 PM

I'm also a fan of the Harbor Freight solar motion lights, although I like the ones that go completely off. That way I know if something is there. I can't always tell the difference between the dim and full light. If I've been resting my eyes and look up to see that the light is on, I'm sure something has come in. The hogs seem to adapt pretty quickly to the light. The ones I get are usually listed for around $38 but there are frequent coupons that drop the price to around $30.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 04:52 PM

I also use one of those driveway motion sensor sends beep to remote. Wakes u up if dozing off.
Posted By: illest23

Re: Feeder light? - 11/26/18 07:12 PM

Tried out the Wild Game Innovations Moonshine feeder light and have been pleased. $30 at academy. Built in solar charger. Auto on/off at dusk/dawn. Bright enough at 65 yards to make a kill once the hogs get used to it.
Posted By: Murphscout

Re: Feeder light? - 11/27/18 12:34 AM

I use the All Seasons "Inhawgnito". Works like a charm. If you have all seasons timer can use remote to set off feeder and turn on/off light.
Posted By: DronePilot

Re: Feeder light? - 11/27/18 01:51 AM

I have one of these also and it does a great job!
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Feeder light? - 11/27/18 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
I also use one of those driveway motion sensor sends beep to remote. Wakes u up if dozing off.

Got mine from Harbor Freight for $10, one of the best investments I've made. Last 3 hogs I killed were because of this thing. I can now work on the place all day, sleep at night, and "hunt" at the same time. Just last Thursday night I was awoken at 10:30, shot a sow, put hams and back-strap on ice and was back in bed at 11:30.
Posted By: mightyp

Re: Feeder light? - 11/28/18 03:53 AM

I use the harbor freight lights also,think ones I use are $20, at dusk they light up kinda dim,then when they sense motion they brighten,have killed many a hog under these lights. Have used same ones going on 3 years now,still work fine.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Feeder light? - 11/29/18 02:22 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HC6ZP7P?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title [Linked Image]

182 leds 1000 lumens of light and you can spread it out to cover a good area. Best $45 I’ve spent on a solar light.

Sorry the pic is sideways.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Feeder light? - 12/01/18 06:17 AM

We have used the wildgame ones and they do work but now have Boar Lights. Super bright and last all night. Dim until triggered and lights up the whole woods.

The wildgame ones attach to the feeder and raccoons climb all over them and cover them with mud. Our Boar Lights are on 8 foot tposts separate.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum