Texas Hunting Forum

Boar DRT, FIT

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Boar DRT, FIT - 10/28/18 05:58 PM

That's right, after I shot him, he was dead right there and then fell into the tank. Actually, gravity took over and he rolled down the little hill, LOL.

During all the rains we have had in north Texas, hogs returned to this landowner's property. It is mostly in coastal with some areas of native grasses as well. What I have noticed this season with the rains and such between coastal properties and those that I have that are planted in winter wheat is that the winter wheat properties are being grazed by hogs, but the coastal properties are being rooted.

Posted By: mikei

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/28/18 06:18 PM

With that steep bank, I'll be you had a lot of fun dragging that onto dry land! Good work on the kill, though!!

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/28/18 07:12 PM

He rolled over more than once, which was not expected. The tank water didn't exactly smell fresh, either. He definitely did not end up where I wanted, but at least he didn't have the momentum to float out into the middle, LOL.
Posted By: IHateFeralPigs

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/28/18 09:25 PM

Glad you were able to place the shot in between the wires of the fence.....nothing worse than having to fix fence after shooting at pigs. grin

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/28/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: IHateFeralPigs
Glad you were able to place the shot in between the wires of the fence.....nothing worse than having to fix fence after shooting at pigs. grin

That fence is strung piano wire tight as well. I carry straight wire, comealong, and wire puller for just such an emergency (after having to cut a live doe out of a fence), but it would be a bugger to get back as tight as it should be.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/29/18 12:42 AM

Rolling rolling rolling
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/29/18 01:03 AM

Switching it up eye see, right instead of left I

The hog looked massive from afar in the spotter - thermal shrinkage
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 10/29/18 02:33 AM

Thermal Shrinkage! roflmao

Yeah, I hate when a dead hog tries to swim away.

Nice shooting though, fer sure!
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Boar DRT, FIT - 11/05/18 09:31 AM

Good thing he wasn't as big as he looked. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum