Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Help in Shelbyville

Posted By: texashunter900

Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/19/18 02:33 AM

Talked to a guy in Shelbyville tonight that has a hog problem and is looking for help with the hogs. Tp far for me to drive. Any east Texas guys interested?
Posted By: allan50

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/19/18 11:02 PM

I might be interested. Tell me more
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/20/18 06:10 AM

Heck, I am interested even though I know that I am too far as well. You don't have to convince me to be interested in the opportunity to hunt a new place where the landowner is needing help. The only question is whether it is close enough and safe enough to be hunted properly with the gear I have.

People posting open calls for hunters like this are not too common. I can't believe somebody hasn't jumped on it already.
Posted By: Hammer2045

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/21/18 12:57 AM

I'm not close but will make the trip out on a weekend!
Posted By: Hammer2045

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/21/18 12:59 AM

I will be in Hemphill, Texas this coming Saturday the 27th. I would be more than happy to meet and help out.

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/21/18 05:45 AM

Let’s all three go. Just need to get info from the guy that posted
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/21/18 05:58 AM

My new hunting place is just south of Carthage so I will be just up the road from there there staying and hunting for sometimes days at a time. But I'm not even moving my camper down or hunting it until sometime in November after my retirement. If they are getting the kind of damage from hogs that the new place I am helping out on is, I can sure understand them looking for help.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/22/18 02:49 AM

I followed up with him tonight and he now doesn't want anybody shooting them. It seems a couple of guys came out and went crazy with the guns.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/22/18 05:02 AM

Well that sucks, but I know that it happens. Landowners want responsible hunters who don't scare the hell out of them with their antics.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/22/18 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: texashunter900
I followed up with him tonight and he now doesn't want anybody shooting them. It seems a couple of guys came out and went crazy with the guns.

That's why you don't hear of these types of open invites like Double Nought said. I'd rather have hogs tearing my place up than "hunters". I can shoot hogs.
Posted By: animator

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/22/18 06:35 PM

All it takes is one bad experience to make those offers disappear quick. I'd be interested in it, but it's a bit of a haul for me. And it's 1.5 hours south of my current lease, so it's not something I'd be able to do on any regular basis. I'm lucky to make it to the lease once a month.

Re: Hog Help in Shelbyville - 10/22/18 07:17 PM

If he ever decides to let some one else come I would like to be given the chance
I can promise you I won’t make a idiot of myself and WIll RESPECT his land
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum