Texas Hunting Forum

First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor...

Posted By: HansETX

First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/11/18 06:25 PM

Got my hands on a 6.5 Creedmoor for the first time.. I've been using a .308 for a longtime and recently been running with a 6.8 SPC. The stigma around the 6.5 Creedmoor and the accuracy for long range shots is definitely attractive. This is a quick video of my first hunts with the 6.5 Cr. and a description of the rifle. I love the 6.5 Cr. round and the accuracy is no joke at all (I think we all know that). The only knock with the rifle is that it's pretty big to be carrying around all night. This particular model has a 20 inch barrel.. I'd love to have it in something around 16..

Posted By: pigplinker

Re: First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/14/18 09:19 AM

clap
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/14/18 10:00 AM

I've used a Creedmore for a long time with a 16" and it's still pretty heavy, but then I do more out of a stand than walking with it. Great shooters there !
I've pretty much switched to the 6.5 Grendel anymore, as it's a lot lighter and I use a suppressor on it as well. They both are accurate and very effective on hogs. I use the same brand and weight bullets in both of them, and they both do their job as they should.
Those 6.5's have sure made a lasting mark in the shooting and hunting world.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/14/18 01:13 PM

Nice!

Re: First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/16/18 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Old Stony
I've used a Creedmore for a long time with a 16" and it's still pretty heavy, but then I do more out of a stand than walking with it. Great shooters there !
I've pretty much switched to the 6.5 Grendel anymore, as it's a lot lighter and I use a suppressor on it as well. They both are accurate and very effective on hogs. I use the same brand and weight bullets in both of them, and they both do their job as they should.
Those 6.5's have sure made a lasting mark in the shooting and hunting world.

I'd love to try out the Grendel next.. it's on the list.. of course my wife hasn't seen the list yet. haha

Re: First Hunt With The 6.5 Creedmoor... - 10/16/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Nice!

Thanks DNS.. I know that you shoot a Grendel.. I've heard alot of good things about it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum