Texas Hunting Forum

2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 03:54 PM

I got away Wednesday after the storms came through and got to spend a little time hunting. One of my landowners said he had spotted a boar in the back pasture and that is where I started off my evening, with a couple dozen or so of my new hunting partners. I swear, cattle are a mixed blessing. The ones I like best are the ones that just ignore me. Some will run away. Some will challenge you. These followed me around back and forth. That was okay as it was still twilight with the sun going down behind me and the cattle provided sight and sound cover for me. However, when I would stop, there were 2 or 3 that would come up and nuzzle me, push on me, and chew on my snake gaters. This added some challenge to sighting in on the hogs.

Well, we found the boar, along with the rest of the sounder. The boar was close and I opted to take him first and hope the sounder didn't run. The other option, I figured, was to shoot one of the distant hogs and expect the closer boar to run and he would be easier to pick up on the move. We opted to shoot the boar, first, and then could not manage to drop another hog. Two more were hit. One had an excellent blood trail that led off the property. They other also made it off property.

And boy were the cattle surprised when I started shooting!

Later, spotted another hog on a different property. Stalked and dropped him with a shot by the left eye. Just as I walked up on him, a coyote entered the property and headed our way. I got my rifle back on the stick and lipsqueaked the coyote and dropped him. The Speer TNT bullet made one of the most amazing exit wounds I had seen in a while.

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 04:42 PM

Busted up that coyote pretty good - the boar helped you out, probably would have come closer and closer and....

Nice video
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 05:44 PM

Yeah, I bet the cattle were surprised. They're probably thinking 'handout', and then suddenly it's sturm und drang time.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 08:06 PM

Nice shooting. You really can't say "I made kissy sounds" on a hunting forum. Lip squeaking is better. smile
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 08:10 PM

Very nice shooting
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Eleven Bravo
Very nice shooting
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/10/18 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Nice shooting. You really can't say "I made kissy sounds" on a hunting forum. Lip squeaking is better. smile

What they heck? I'm married long time. My wife would agree, it sounds like I make kissy sounds to the coyotes. I would learn French if I thought that would bring them in!
Posted By: mikei

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/11/18 01:17 AM

Good work; good shooting; good narrative! Great package!!
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/14/18 06:36 AM

I think the cattle were mesmurized by the "lip squeaking" you could see it in their eyes.
Posted By: Unclek

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/15/18 03:40 PM

cheers
Good video
Good patience and good shooting!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/15/18 08:33 PM

clap

rifle taz
Posted By: TXAg08

Re: 2 Boars Headshot & A Coyote - 08/16/18 09:38 PM

Great video as always