Texas Hunting Forum

Hog with an audience

Posted By: SapperTitan

Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 05:45 PM

Thought this was kinda funny. The deer were just standing there watching the hog eat the corn I put out. I guess they were trying to figure out how to get him out of there but not much they could do haha.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 05:59 PM

Nice hit!

I was once watching a spot where we'd put out some corn, and after dark three does came in. It was June, and they were very pregnant. They started acting antsy, and eventually moved off. I figured a hog was coming in, and sure enough I spotted a large boar moving toward the corn. Suddenly the does started huffing and came back! They ran the hog off. I guess those pregnant does just weren't in the mood to let a hog take the meal they felt was theirs.

Only saw that the one time.

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: der Teufel
Nice hit!

I was once watching a spot where we'd put out some corn, and after dark three does came in. It was June, and they were very pregnant. They started acting antsy, and eventually moved off. I figured a hog was coming in, and sure enough I spotted a large boar moving toward the corn. Suddenly the does started huffing and came back! They ran the hog off. I guess those pregnant does just weren't in the mood to let a hog take the meal they felt was theirs.

Only saw that the one time.
I’ve seen deer in the general area as hogs and I’ve seen them on cam in the background when a hog shows up. Never seen deer just stand 15 yards away waiting for the hog to finish so they could come back lol. Not sure what spooked the hog I had the wind in my face but he didn’t like something maybe the deer were making him nervous.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 09:03 PM

Good job!

I have shot hogs in the proximity of deer several times. Sometimes, the deer don't even run away or unbed. It doesn't happen often and it is kind of neat to see.
Posted By: Midwaytmm

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 10:23 PM

Nice cutters. Love a black and white pig too. That would have made my night . Proud for you

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Midwaytmm
Nice cutters. Love a black and white pig too. That would have made my night . Proud for you
I have killed many black and white hogs here on Ft hood. Someone told me the more they inbreed the more colors they get, not sure if that’s true or not.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 11:06 PM

There is no correlation between amount of colors and amount of inbreeding.
Posted By: DWADR

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/10/18 11:16 PM

For a second, I thought the stick was some kind of wacked out tooth lol!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/12/18 02:09 PM

The beast looks like he needs a dentist visit. I bet he had stinky breath.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/16/18 09:26 AM

cheers
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Hog with an audience - 07/17/18 09:37 PM

Great video. If those deer were waiting on my hogs, they'd be sad once they got up there because mine don't stop eating until the corn is gone.lol
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Hog with an audience - 09/11/18 02:14 AM

Cool video. Nice cutters too! Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum