Texas Hunting Forum

Pregnant sow with 6 on board

Posted By: SapperTitan

Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 03:37 PM

Shot this big sow last night in a big field next to a creek. I was sitting there counting deer there were 8 and then I see a blob of heat coming out of the creek bottom. I immediately identified it as a hog and prepared for the stalk. She was approx 300 yards away wind was perfect for a stalk. I stalked within about 100 yards and all the deer took off running and blowing but the wind and the fact she was walking through a low washout area kept her from getting spooked or maybe she just didn't care what the deer were doing. Shot her with the 12 gauge with 300 grain hornady SSTs and got a complete pass through.

Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 03:47 PM

up
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 05:54 PM

Excellent!!! Glad to see you back in the game!

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Excellent!!! Glad to see you back in the game!
Mother in law passing away, my area closed for training, and plenty of food for the hogs to eat have made it tough hunting for the past month. I’ve only been out 2 times and almost gave up last night before finding this sow.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 10:36 PM

Nicely done, Sapper! Taking out a whole sounder with one shot is really the efficient way to do it! banana

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/20/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: mikei
Nicely done, Sapper! Taking out a whole sounder with one shot is really the efficient way to do it! banana
yep and that’s the 3rd pregnant sow I’ve killed since November. That’s 23 hogs with 3 shots roflmao
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/21/18 01:41 PM

Nicely done. Good job waiting for the better shot opportunity. I get too impatient most of the time.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/21/18 11:12 PM

up you the man
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/21/18 11:14 PM

That thing hits hard. Nice work Sapper up
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Pregnant sow with 6 on board - 05/22/18 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: mikei
yep and that’s the 3rd pregnant sow I’ve killed since November. That’s 23 hogs with 3 shots roflmao

Conservation at it's best. More return on the Dalla. banana
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum