Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunting lease

Posted By: Hunterjake

Hog hunting lease - 05/19/18 08:28 PM

I am looking for hog hunting opportunities. Even willing to pay if the price is right. Not looking for a day lease. Id like to have year round access to some land JUST for hog hunting and be able to come and go as I please.

Me and a buddy have recently joined the world of thermal hunting and both have an AR setup with thermal optics. Problem is that neither one of us have a place to shoot pigs. I have a deer lease and am not interested in deer or any other game, only hogs.

Is there anybody that has or knows someone that has some land that will let us come out and clean up the hog population? Or even better treat it as our own lease and let us come and go as we please without getting permission every time?

We live in Waxahachie (Ellis county). Id like to be within an hour from home in any direction.

Its starting to feel like a lost cause. Let me know if you guys have any input.

two one four - two nine eight - nine six six four
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Hog hunting lease - 05/19/18 09:10 PM

one problem, just because you have hogs today, does not mean you will have year around, unless you are getting thousands of acres, any pressure and most time they will leave and hogs tend to roam, especially in dry conditions
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hog hunting lease - 05/22/18 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: colt45
one problem, just because you have hogs today, does not mean you will have year around, unless you are getting thousands of acres, any pressure and most time they will leave and hogs tend to roam, especially in dry conditions

Yes to this. On our farm this time 2 years ago they were not on us and had not been in months. Six months later they are back and regular until we hit them hard then they leave for a few days or so. You never know how long they will stay in an area.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum