Texas Hunting Forum

300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 09:49 PM

I headed down to Bosque County this week. Little did I know it was going to turn out like it did.

I tried calling coyotes for a while with no luck in an area the landowner had said that he heard them behind his cattle pens. No joy. So I headed down to the oats field. On arriving, I spied one hog in the field and after I got over the fence, there were three. The only problem was that I had to circle around to in order to get in a safe direction of fire.

Several cool/bizarre things happened during the hunt, the most beneficial being that for 7 minutes, hogs remained in the field or kept coming into the field despite my limited shooting. Next, I almost got a twofer. The front hog of that pair just did not want to die. It was really weird.

I had no idea how large the hogs were that I was shooting as they were mostly hidden in the oats. The big boar was a real surprise when I found him. He is the largest boar I have taken by myself and the 2nd largest I have take, the other being a 322 lb boar taken with Pig_Popper on this same property, 2 or 3 years ago

Posted By: 7o8

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 09:55 PM

Awesome hunt and that's one big boy!!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 7o8
flehan
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 10:25 PM

Another great video
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 10:44 PM

Great hunt
Congratulations on a trophy boar
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Another great video

up
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/08/18 11:12 PM

Looks like this hunt had a little of everything in it !

Hog # 1 definitely had The Zombie Gene - looks like the brain would make a temporary connection to the nervous system and it’d get up just to fall right over - this hog be trippin’ ....

Hog # 2 reacts much like you’d expect a bad a$$ to react to taking fragments of bullets to the upper torso, whips around looking to hit back and then saunters about as if seeking to bring the pain train into the station - Dude was a Locomotive Hog for sure - you quenched his fire....

Hog # 3 must’ve been named Bullet because he sure kept stopping like you were calling his name.

The hogs in the woods probably figured you couldn’t see them, looks like their cloak of invisibility needs service -

Speaking of service , you’re being of great service to the landowner - well done!

flehan
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 12:00 AM

Yowza, those were some big hogs!

Nice work puttin' down the porkers. That big boy just didn't want to admit he was done for.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: mikei

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 01:19 AM

Well done, DN. I did notice on a couple of those pictures that it may be time for you to change the blade in your razor. You're starting to look just a little bit "werewolfy." smile

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 01:28 AM

Well, I am not just another pretty face. No really. That is why I have the beard...to hide it.
Posted By: llbts1

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 02:19 AM

Great video. I really enjoyed it.
Thank you
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 12:41 PM

up
Posted By: DigitalFOV

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 01:39 PM

Nice Hog & videos. I have trouble telling how big they are sometimes too.

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 03:18 PM

While I primarily use one scope, I get to test out a variety, each with their own magnification levels. So through the scopes, hogs may appear the same size and be at various distances because of the different magnification levels, then also because it can be hard to tell the difference between a 100 lb hog at 100 yards and a 200 lb hog at 200 yards. Never mind how much gets hidden when they are in vegetation of varied heights...all viewed through a scope in 2D.

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 10:53 PM

Found the missing footage that accounts for the extra hog found by the landowner. For some reason, it did not copy over from my SD card...

Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/09/18 11:16 PM

That was a K.O.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 300 lb Behemoth Boar & 5 Hogs More - 05/10/18 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Found the missing footage …

Hog enters stage left:

(rifle) BANG!
(bullet) THWHAP!
(hog) OOooh, that's gonna leave a mark.

Nice shot. Keep After 'Em!