Texas Hunting Forum

Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!!

Posted By: mikei

Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 05:29 PM

I had spotted some hog activity recently after several weeks of not seeing anything but a single boar every once in a while on the game cameras. I baited a small trap and wired the gate open. Did the same thing the next day, and sure enough, had lots of hog activity. So set up the trigger, poured some more bait in it yesterday, and bingo, piggies made a visit! When I got there this morning, there were 3 in the trap and one outside the trap, circling it. I stopped about 50 yards away and unlimbered my 12 gauge (SDS Cheetah, loaded with 435 grain DDupleks Broadheads) and my AR in 7.62X39. The pig outside the trap ran off before I could get a shot at him. I began setting up with the X39 to take care of the 3 in the trap, when suddenly their buddy reappeared, trotting in my direction. I set the X39 aside, picked up the Cheetah, and watched him through the reflex sight. He stopped; went back to the trap; then turned around and started my way again. Dropped him with one shot, and the hogs in the trap went wild! Put the shottie aside, picked up the rifle, and waited for the trapped hogs to settle down. Then, one by one, I took each of them out. So there are 4 fewer hogs in the sounder, and I'll give it a week and then re-bait the trap to see if any of the remaining members of the sounder will come back.

First picture is of the hog that I dropped with the Ddupleks round. It's ugly.

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 05:54 PM

Excellent!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Excellent!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 06:46 PM

That 12 did some sufficient damage. What distance was that one? Good huntin.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 06:48 PM

clap

Yeah shotgun. elmer
Posted By: mikei

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
That 12 did some sufficient damage. What distance was that one? Good huntin.

Dalee, that damage was done from 40 yards. The company states that they leave the muzzle at 1460 fps, 2050 ft. lbs. of energy, and are expected to expand 265%. My chronograph clocks them at 1478 fps out of my Cheetah. With my 7.62 X 39, I use Hornady SST (cat. # 3142) 123 grainers, pushed by 26.5 grains of RL 7, ignited by a CCI #34 primer, giving me an MV of 2413.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 09:47 PM

up
Posted By: Midwaytmm

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 04/25/18 10:21 PM

Seems like a pretty good day.
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 05/17/18 12:59 AM

OMG...just ordered me some from Midway for the 12 and 20. That's hunting! 40yards...I can't wait.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 05/17/18 01:19 AM

Wow, looked like you used a grenade launcher! That definitely left a mark.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 05/20/18 11:55 AM

up
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Trimmed a few out of the new sounder! GRAPHIC!! - 05/22/18 08:44 AM

Trimming is Trimming! Some use a boning knife and some use a meat kliver. What ever it takes to get the job done. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum