Texas Hunting Forum

New sounder has arrived!

Posted By: mikei

New sounder has arrived! - 04/21/18 01:51 PM

After 2 or 3 months of not seeing any hogs but a couple of lone boars, I pulled this image off one my game cams. Both the stock tanks are dry, and I figured there weren't going to be any more piggies around until we got some significant rain. That's what I get for trying to outguess hog behavior! I baited the traps, wired the gates open, and will try to get them to get comfortable going in and out of the traps for a few days. Then I'll put the hammer down on 'um!!

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/21/18 03:50 PM

popcorn supprised also, hogs follow creek south of house. They could been looking for water, mud helps with the tick, fleas, chiggers, & such, also in warm weather cools them. Best wishes.
flag
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/21/18 04:22 PM

The only thing reliably predictable about hogs is that they are not predictable.

Now you can get back to business!
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/21/18 06:56 PM

Good luck.

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/23/18 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
The only thing reliably predictable about hogs is that they are not predictable.

up
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/23/18 07:39 PM

I have to agree....totally unpredictable..Those look like a good size if you like to eat em'.

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/24/18 01:28 AM

We like to eat 'em; we like to donate them to Hunter's for the Hungry; and we give 'em to every neighbor who'll take 'em! Our problem is oversupply and underdemand. Our freezers are full, and the HFH folks don't seem too interested any more not that the weather has warmed up a bit. I'll be going out and re-baiting the traps and setting the triggers on them tomorrow, so I should be able to report back to everyone by Wednesday. All the corn I put down yesterday was gone, and the game cams had pics of them returning. so who knows what Wednesday morning will bring? Like you say, them there piggies are totally unpredictable. . .
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/24/18 01:58 AM

I have a supply and lazy demand problem. I kill 50-100 hogs a year, but everyone wants them bagged and ready for the freezer.
I am sick of cleaning pigs, buzzards gotta eat too.
No reason to stop killing them suckers, I am getting ahead of them.
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/24/18 03:23 AM

Shoot them for the yotes, then hunt the yotes

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/25/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Pupjoint
Shoot them for the yotes, then hunt the yotes

That's what I do/did just this morning! 4 down, millions to go!!

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New sounder has arrived! - 04/30/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum