Texas Hunting Forum

Hog shoot tonight

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 06:31 AM

Went to do some work at the lease and figured since I was there, just as soon stay a little late and see what happens. Hogs have been way slow this year vs last, so I was quite happy to see this sounder cross the road in front of me. Took my time getting setup (shooting off the front of my Pioneer), shooting starts at about 50-60 yds, far shots 150'ish. I'm hearing impact "pops", seeing hogs roll and jump in the air... I'm thinking' I'm just slayin' 'em tonight. Even decided to try a little rapid fire. I guess this is why you make sure they're down before you move on to the next one... (Unedited, so skip the reloading) I did not go search the field as it was pretty soft and it started raining on me, I am going to go give it a look though. I think I need a better bullet and better aiming.

Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 11:23 AM

Lots of pigs ,lots of fun
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 01:56 PM

What bullet are you shooting?
Posted By: JCO

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 02:20 PM

At least you got out there.

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 03:11 PM

I save a $1.00 a box and by the Whitetail labeled one as they appear to be exactly the same.

Winchester 150 grain Power Point
Posted By: RGG_123

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 03:49 PM

Dang Charlie, now that's a sounder! Shame about the weather.

I think you got a couple, find anything?

Let me know next time you are up there. I'll be there probly after kids spring break.

Rafael
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 05:50 PM

That bullet should get the job done. From the video I'd say you likely killed several. It sucks when they run off and you can't find them.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 09:43 PM

Good Job.

You really should consider turning off the Automatic NUC function. That will keep your scope from NUCing and the screen freezing up during critical times such as during shot sequences. Put it into Semi-Automatic and you can NUC the image as needed as opt to not NUC when trying to fire on targets.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/04/18 10:55 PM

You definitely got a few. The coyotes and buzzards are surely happy!

Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: Charlieb68

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/05/18 03:53 AM

Were you in the East Field?

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/05/18 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
You really should consider turning off the Automatic NUC function.

Been meaning to, just did. up

Originally Posted By: Charlieb68
Were you in the East Field?

This was the big wheat field, west of the East Field, on the other side of the main road.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hog shoot tonight - 03/06/18 08:16 AM

I think you hit several also. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum