Texas Hunting Forum

Pig count

Posted By: Midwaytmm

Pig count - 02/13/18 06:59 PM

Do pigs trapped go towards count or no? Not been here long enough to know official rules.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 07:13 PM

It's a kill counter.
If you kill them, you can count them.
If you let them go, don't count them.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 07:17 PM

Any dead hog counts. If you kill a sow with 5 piglets well you killed them too so count em.

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 07:40 PM

10-4
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 07:45 PM

What if I kill them in Oklahoma? Does that count? roflmao
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: unclebubba
What if I kill them in Oklahoma? Does that count? roflmao

Drag it across State lines and add it to the counter
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 08:04 PM

I hunt two properties. One in Navarro county, and one 4 hours north of the red river. Too long of a drag! I'll have to just count the ones killed here.

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 10:05 PM

That’s funny. That was next question I had too. So dead pig count period?

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Midwaytmm
That’s funny. That was next question I had too. So dead pig count period?
as long as you kill them it don’t matter. If you find a dead one in a creek and you didn’t kill it don’t count it
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Any dead hog counts. If you kill a sow with 5 piglets well you killed them too so count em.

I wouldn't count unborn piglets, and if I killed a sow with 5 live piglets that ran off I wouldn't assume that I killed them, too.
Admittedly, they'll probably end up in a coyote's stomach, but then the coyote would be the one who killed them.

Re: Pig count - 02/13/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: der Teufel

I wouldn't count unborn piglets, and if I killed a sow with 5 live piglets that ran off I wouldn't assume that I killed them, too.
Admittedly, they'll probably end up in a coyote's stomach, but then the coyote would be the one who killed them.
I count unborn piglets, bc I am the reason they weren’t born
Posted By: mikei

Re: Pig count - 02/14/18 12:16 AM

Sapper, we need to change your title to "I'm The Reason Pigs Squeal!" Someone else on the Forum has the "reason doves mourn," so you should be able to slide right in with your new title!! smirk
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Pig count - 02/14/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: mikei

Sapper, we need to change your title to "I'm The Reason Pigs Squeal!" Someone else on the Forum has the "reason doves mourn," so you should be able to slide right in with your new title!! smirk

Lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum