Texas Hunting Forum

My dog is a pig slayer

Posted By: budward

My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 03:46 PM

Sweet little Buddy struck again this weekend. This is the first time ive actually seen him pin a pig to the ground and wait for me to come find him and distpatch the pig. Crazy! He is a border collie/golden retriever mix and I've had him 8 years. It's like he found some long lost instinct inside of him. It's like the videos of the pitbulls. He has always been a hunter, going in the woods and killing opossums and such. But never something so Big. HE isn't scared one bit, I haven't trained him to do this either, he just Does it. Did it with a 200 pound sow too...he was jumping around like Bruce lee while it was trying to gore him and he just clamps down on their necks and goes to town on them.

Funny thing is he is the sweetest gentlest dog. Toddlers can grab on his ears and pet him and wrestle with him, and hes good with other dogs too, but he is definitely Alpha

Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 04:01 PM

Need to get him a VEST protection so he don't get hurt. Good dog!
Posted By: mikei

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 04:15 PM

That's very nice. And like Dalee says, you need to get him a vest before he gets opened up like a sardine can.

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892

Yup I was just looking at them. Any recommendations? They have like 10 diff kinds, wasen't sure which one to get.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 04:47 PM

I don't, just from what I've seen on tv shows. Best of luck.
Posted By: mikei

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: budward
Originally Posted By: Dalee7892

Yup I was just looking at them. Any recommendations? They have like 10 diff kinds, wasen't sure which one to get.

I'm sure that any of them would work for you. Just make sure they are adjustable enough to give your pup a tight fit.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 06:32 PM

I think Buddy has a little schmutz on his cheek there. clap

Good job, Buddy!
Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 07:07 PM

👌

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 07:07 PM

Awesome
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/15/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam
Awesome

Great dog.... up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/16/18 05:03 PM

Outstanding job there, Buddy!
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/16/18 05:25 PM

Breed him.

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/18/18 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: garyrapp55
Breed him.

I wish i could. I got him from a pound when he was 10 months and he was already neutered.

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/18/18 01:08 PM

People ask me why I don't get a dog a lot. I tell them if they are not useful for anything why have another mouth to feed? But a dog like this I could use. Awesome dog
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/18/18 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: budward
Originally Posted By: garyrapp55
Breed him.

I wish i could. I got him from a pound when he was 10 months and he was already neutered.

Prolly better off anyway. Give him a good belly rub for me and let him know he is always welcome at my table, regardless of who provides the pork.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/18/18 04:20 PM

pretty cool!

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/19/18 12:57 AM

Thanks everyone. HE is a great dog, i am blessed. I rescued him from a pound in Texas city when he was 10 months. Been the greatest dog ive ever had, never had to train him and he is too smart for his own good. He is obsessed with hunting, just wish i could get him to retrieve birds! He will be hard to replace, he goes with me everywhere hes like my kid
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: My dog is a pig slayer - 01/19/18 09:35 PM

Very cool.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum