Texas Hunting Forum

Rules for foreign nationals

Posted By: HS2

Rules for foreign nationals - 01/09/18 04:42 AM

I should know the answer to this, but I don't.....

I have a friend from another country that might come to Texas this summer. What is the rules for foreigners in hog hunts? Can we buy my friend and his son a guided hunt for a day or two?

Thanks
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Rules for foreign nationals - 01/09/18 04:47 AM

They will need a hunting license regardless. I don't see why they couldn't get a short term hunting license just for that hunt. I think you can get like a 5 day license or something like that.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Rules for foreign nationals - 01/09/18 02:12 PM

There are restrictions on them bringing a firearm into the country, and there are restrictions on them buying firearms, but I'm pretty sure borrowing a gun for a hunt is legal. And as ST said they will need to buy a hunting license, I also think they still need a hunter safety course.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Rules for foreign nationals - 01/09/18 05:24 PM

I think a person can still purchase a one-time deferral for the hunter safety course.

https://www.huntercourse.com/usa/texas/regulations.aspx

Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Minimum age of certification is 9 years and cost is $15.

If you were born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, and you are:

under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied. (*See definition of accompanied.)
age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course or be accompanied.
age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a "Hunter Education Deferra" and be accompanied.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum