Texas Hunting Forum

Question on type C or figure 6 trap

Posted By: png

Question on type C or figure 6 trap - 12/07/17 09:26 PM

We are considering to add a new trap.

What's your experience with the letter C or figure 6 type Trap? My concern is after 1 hog is trapped, no more hogs would enter. However if catching frequency is good enough, I can live with 1 hog at a time.

My existing setup can catch multiple at the same time, but it takes a few tries for one successful trap.

Thank.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Question on type C or figure 6 trap - 12/08/17 01:51 AM

what has worked for us, takes some work and time, build a BIG 6 with a pen in middle (has to have water & shade) put sow in middle pen, they will come.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Question on type C or figure 6 trap - 12/08/17 01:58 AM

I've done the figure 6 and the heart shaped traps, but always go back to my round traps with triggered gates. Over the last 20 years, they've been the most successful for me. YMMV.
Posted By: png

Re: Question on type C or figure 6 trap - 12/09/17 04:42 AM

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I figured this is the place where I can learn from people with real field experience.

mikei - if you don't mind, what made you decide to change from figure 6 back to triggered gate? In lieu of additional trap, I am even thinking to modify my round trigger-gate trap to a figure 6. I would be kicking myself if I get on the wrong path.
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Question on type C or figure 6 trap - 12/13/17 08:25 AM

Home made cell phone traps. Knock off of those Florida guys is what I run. Camera sends image with satisfactory number of the feral foe, gate is called, pigs are trapped. All from the comfort of my bed. Retrieve pigs at your convenience and repeat.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum