Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting with my little boy!

Posted By: redchevy

Hunting with my little boy! - 11/20/17 04:19 PM

Took Luke hunting with me Friday evening. Was his second sit in the blind, the first we didn't see anything but finally saw a doe on the walk back to camp. He was really good this go round, pretty quiet. He fell asleep for about 30 minutes till we had deer come out and I woke him up. He was quiet enough we had 8 deer within 100 yards with the windows down and they weren't constantly looking at us. He asked if I was going to shoot a deer and I said we would wait for something better and he frowned but was ok. About 5:45 we had a single hog come out and run all the deer off, Luke was excited and asked again if we were going to shoo the "piggy" and I said yes. Got his ear muffs on and the gun up and took the shot, the hog dropped and he yelled good shot daddy! He was all smiles couldn't be happier and wanted to go look. For only seeing a handful of does and a hog it was one of the best hunts I've had in a long time. Tuff to see the hog the only better picture I have posts sideways and I don't know why.

confused2
Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Re: Hunting with my little boy! - 11/20/17 04:25 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Hunting with my little boy! - 11/20/17 05:33 PM

Good for you Dad. They grow up and are gone way too fast.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Hunting with my little boy! - 11/20/17 06:51 PM

just a little bitty oinker but the memory is worth that pigs weight in gold to you both, nice shot Dad
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum