Texas Hunting Forum

LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets

Posted By: rickt300

LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets - 11/02/17 03:53 PM

I do feral hog control in a HOA near Richland Chambers lake. In fact I am in a neighborhood shooting hogs at night so bullets that pass through are a hazard. The Controlled Chaos bullets are all copper HP's that come apart at the grooves cut in the bullets. Has anyone tried them?
Posted By: earl39

Re: LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets - 11/03/17 02:43 AM

I have used them out of a grendel and they do a good job of killing deer but still get pass thru on most of the broadside shots inside 100 yards. Pigs may be different but I would always shoot like the bullet is going thru.

Re: LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets - 11/03/17 02:34 PM

I definitely worry about my background no matter what. The bullets I ordered are the 85 grain .257 version and I plan on running them at least to 3000 fps. Hopefully that will break them up faster than the speeds a Grendel can produce. But testing to come hopefully soon.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets - 11/03/17 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: rickt300
I do feral hog control in a HOA near Richland Chambers lake. In fact I am in a neighborhood shooting hogs at night so bullets that pass through are a hazard. The Controlled Chaos bullets are all copper HP's that come apart at the grooves cut in the bullets. Has anyone tried them?

Yes, I've played with them. First, what caliber are you shooting, which bullet, and how fast are you pushing them?

Re: LeHigh defence Controlled Chaos bullets - 11/03/17 06:36 PM

I was planning on 3000 fps but in the Roberts I can get a bit more speed if I want. Slower has the advantage of being less noisy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum