Texas Hunting Forum

Two More Hogs From New Property

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/26/17 06:29 PM

This was my third trip to this new property and the third time for me to kill hogs there. Apparently, the landowner's efforts and my previous two trips have not dissuaded these hogs at all. The problem here still remains the presence of cattle and this cattle seem to stay in motion the entire time I am visiting. It isn't enough to completely ruin the hunts, but it sure makes things more difficult...

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/26/17 08:13 PM

It's nice of the pigs to come the final 25 yards your way after your efforts stalking and waiting to shoot.

Nice job of safely waiting out the cows, proves you Do Not Shoot bovine!
Posted By: Bacon8tor

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/26/17 10:18 PM

Plenty of future targets in that sounder! I've had that happen before. Shot a hog and I was sure it was down for good. Scanned around and it was gone when I got back to where it should be.
Posted By: HansETX

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/26/17 10:20 PM

Man that’s tough.. good hunt..
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/26/17 11:50 PM

Another great video.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/27/17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Bacon8tor
Plenty of future targets in that sounder! I've had that happen before. Shot a hog and I was sure it was down for good. Scanned around and it was gone when I got back to where it should be.

I think we've all had that happen.

Dead Hogs Walking …

Nice shootin' Brian!
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/27/17 12:17 AM

Thanks for sharing. Great learning videos for how to lead running hogs
Posted By: DavidK

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/27/17 01:35 AM

Good stalk, hunt. Glad the cattle are out of our fields for the winter, I still have other obstacles like deer, etc. And only shoot in directions away from the houses. My last hunt out of a group of 5, I was going to take a shot on one smaller hog but it made it to the dirt road I was standing on, which was a no shoot because of ricochets
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/27/17 01:32 PM

I have learned a lot watching your videos. I enjoy how you explain the scene and why you don't shoot at times. up
Posted By: Paul W

Re: Two More Hogs From New Property - 10/27/17 03:09 PM

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum