Texas Hunting Forum

Fox, Boar, & Video Gone Wrong

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Fox, Boar, & Video Gone Wrong - 10/19/17 05:53 PM

As I told my wife years ago when I purchased her first GPS for her, "You gotta be smarter than your equipment." Apparently, I need that reminder as well.

First part of the night waiting for hogs at the Elk Springs Ranch high fence place where I have been working. No hogs, but nabbed a fox. Moved on to my other properties and during the 2nd time around on this one place, spotted a boar coming in behind where I was watching a persimmon grove. In a strange twist of fate, I moved into his field going after him and he crossed over into the field where I had been when I spotted him. Not wanting to do that again, I went ahead and took a bead on him and shot. In the excitement of what was going on, I left my finger on the record button as I gripped the rifle and turned off the recorder during recoil. Don't do that, LOL.

Figuring distance and with, I aimed slightly to the right of center, expecting the bullet to drift left. Unfortunately, it pretty well went were I aimed.

Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Fox, Boar, & Video Gone Wrong - 10/19/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Figuring distance and with, I aimed slightly to the right of center, expecting the bullet to drift left. Unfortunately, it pretty well went were I aimed.

At one place where I worked the customer service manager had a picture of someone screaming "No, no — you're doing it just like a TOLD YOU … "

OR, as I sometimes say "The best laid plans of mice and men are generally about equal!"

Still a good video, thanks!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Fox, Boar, & Video Gone Wrong - 10/20/17 02:05 AM

Been thru that whole list on videos problems
Thanks for the video
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum