Texas Hunting Forum

Transporting hog meat between states

Posted By: JCCinOhio

Transporting hog meat between states - 10/14/17 12:01 PM

What's the rule on transporting feral hog meat from Texas to another state by car? Would I have to leave a hoof attached to the hams, skin attached somewhere, or what?

And if you know.. what about quail? Pretty sure I have to leave a wing attached, but if you know otherwise comment on that too.

Thanks!
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Transporting hog meat between states - 10/14/17 07:44 PM

If it’s processed haul away. If you’re hunting here and hauling across state lines I’d consult local fish and game authorities.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Transporting hog meat between states - 10/14/17 07:45 PM

it wouldn't leave anything attached, process it and head home. Its not a game animal.
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Transporting hog meat between states - 10/17/17 02:53 AM

I have been to Texas several times and brought back hogs to Missouri (meat in boned out, tenderloins, and hams / shoulders forms). I generally follow the rules our States has for deer, moose, etc- no heads or spinal columns (ie nothing with brain or spinal cord tissue). Dont know if that is required, but have talked to a few Conservation Agents (our 'Game Wardens') and none had a problem with the way I do it. I iced meat down well & went straight from place of harvest to my home (coolers never opened in between). If any questions, I would check with your Agriculture or Game Departments to see if any special handling required.
Posted By: JCCinOhio

Re: Transporting hog meat between states - 10/18/17 12:56 PM

Thanks all... now I just have to shoot one..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum