Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma

Posted By: pegasaurus

Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 03:58 PM

If you have permission from the landowner, is a license required to hunt hogs in Oklahoma?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 04:11 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oklahoma+hog+hunting+frequently+asked+questions
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 05:33 PM

That was helpful.. rolleyes
Posted By: soonerdg

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 06:59 PM

On private land you do not need a license to hunt hogs EXCEPT during deer or elk season. During those two seasons you have to have a valid tag for that animal that is in season. That way you can't go deer or elk hunting without a license and then claim your hog hunting.

On public land you must have a license.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 07:38 PM

You're also supposed to get permission from the local GW if you want to hunt hogs at night, on private land.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 09:44 PM

As said above, in game seasons you must have a hunting license for the game in season. on private land you need a permit or gw permission to hunt at night. good news is the permit is really easy to acquire via internet or app.
no night time hunting on public land, altho I think that is the same in tx too
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/11/17 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
That was helpful.. rolleyes

Well, I figure you would probably want the information from the ODWC for this year's regulations and it would be helpful if you actually knew where to find the information for yourself given that you are asking a legal question. The first link had everything you needed. crazy
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/13/17 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
You're also supposed to get permission from the local GW if you want to hunt hogs at night, on private land.
never got permission, always notified gw that I would be night hunting @ certain location
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/13/17 07:23 PM

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/feral-hogs-in-oklahoma

Do you have to have a hunting license to hunt hogs in Oklahoma?
Non-Resident License: On private lands, you do not need a hunting license to take wild hogs, except during firearms big game seasons (muzzleloader, all deer gun seasons and elk season), hunters must possess a filled or unfilled deer or elk license appropriate for that current season unless exempt.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Hunting Hogs in Oklahoma - 10/13/17 07:24 PM

being from out of state I would buy one no matter what.

and do call the gw, some of them in OKIELAND can be a little persnickity.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum